Tax Accountant III
Superion | Finance and Accounting | Lake Mary, FL
Excellent opportunity to join growing private equity-owned technology firm based in Lake Mary, Florida. The position will require strong technical tax/accounting and analytical skills, ability to manage a team of direct reports, and ability to multi-task and work with others organization-wide in a high-volume, fast-paced environment.
- Prepare and file state and local sales tax returns.
- Responsible for all aspects of income, sales, and property tax liabilities.
- Prepare, review and file various reports for federal, state and local reporting as well as other areas of tax compliance (monthly, quarterly, annually).
- Coordinates with external accountants for federal and state income tax reporting.
- Maintains current knowledge of tax laws, updates and revisions and informs management of issues affecting Superion.
- Reviews proposals for tax implications and recommends actions that meet business plans while managing tax liability.
- Investigates and reconciles discrepancies.
- Anticipates potential tax filing conflicts and resolves before returns are filed, i.e., acquisitions, fixed purchase option leases, etc.
- Reconciles any year-end balances and recover any tax overpayments.
- Assists with tax audits.
- Monitors internal reporting software database for integrity and maintenance.
- Complete and file annual reports and business licenses.
- Coordinate and file with SOS in new states.
- Maintain customer sales tax exemption certificates.
- Complete month-end account reconciliations.
- Perform ad-hoc reporting and analysis.
- Must be able to work in fast-paced environment with a rapid close process and stringent reporting requirements for monthly and quarterly management and Board reviews.
- Bachelor's Degree in Accounting or MBA
- 3-5 years of experience working as Tax Accountant
- Software and SaaS company experience is strongly preferred
- Advanced Excel skills
- Ability to lead and drive ad-hoc strategic projects (as needed)
- Previous leadership or management experience preferred