Director Cloud Infrastructure Systems
Superion | Hosting IT - Cloud | Lake Mary, FL
The Director of Cloud Infrastructure will be responsible to manage the personnel, tasks and overall operation of the Superion datacenters.
Under limited supervision this individual leads other IT and Support professionals in the operation of a 24/7 datacenter hosting Superion customers using Superion’s software applications.
The Director position requires developing short and long-term operational objectives to provide reliable hosting services to customers throughout the United States. This position requires strong communication, technical, and analytical skills in managing the day-to-day operations of the datacenter. With an emphasis on customer satisfaction and service uptime, the Director, Cloud Infrastructure is key to the success of Superion’s growing Cloud Solutions business.
- Manages the day-to-day operations and oversees the deployment and operation of the operating environment that supports Superion’s cloud customers.
- Manages the deployment, configuration, maintenance of datacenter hardware and software.
- Manages the development and maintenance of automated development operations frameworks using configuration management and continuous integration tools (Chef, Jenkins, etc.)
- Ensures the development and use of an effective preventive maintenance program suitable to meet the operational objective of "99.99% availability"
- Designs, communicates and implements Standard Operating Procedures (SOP)
- Provides effective troubleshooting guidance for all reported systems/applications problems or issues
- Develops, implements, and documents problem escalation procedures; ensures all problems that occur are documented and reported, and works to continuously improve the technical support process
- Maintain auditing controls and participates in Annual audit(currently SSAE-16)
- Communicates and coordinates with Product Management, Development, Support, and Services departments to facilitate planning and implementation of projects; oversees all aspects of network application releases into the production environment
- Participates in defining key metrics for measuring service level and delivery quality; regularly analyzes and reports on key metrics and makes recommendations for improving internal processes
- Budgeting, planning and direction, vendor management, security, client satisfaction, ensuring 24 x 7 x 365 system availability, and the assurance of support procedures for customers in all facets of utilized technologies
- Participates in the establishment of department goals and implements procedures and performance standards to achieve these goals; manages, coordinates, monitors and evaluates the activities of the Cloud Solutions Team
- Responsible for the employment, promotion, associate performance evaluation, training, motivation, counseling, and discipline of assigned associates
- Management of RSP (Remote Service Provider) clients, providing remote system administration for clients not hosted in datacenter
- Management of DRS (Disaster Recovery Service) clients, providing disaster recovery services for clients not hosted in datacenter
- Collaboration with other Superion Cloud teams
- Minimum 10+ years of experience in Information Technology
- 5-7 years managing a team of IT professionals in a datacenter environment
- Excellent leadership, management, and coaching skills.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with strong technical, analytical, and problem solving skills.
- Able to work effectively and independently under deadlines and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Organized and detail-oriented, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment; able to prioritize and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Strong negotiation skills with the ability to effectively resolve conflicts and the ability to manage multiple priorities from Superion customers required.
- Demonstrated proficiency running a 24/7 datacenter hosting 50+ customer environments.
- In depth technical experience in application architecture/enterprise architecture and systems integration with SaaS/IaaS/PaaS cloud solutions.
- Knowledge of virtualization and application publishing technologies (VMware VSphere, VMware View, Microsoft Hyper-V, Remote App, RDS, Citrix XenServer, XenDesktop and XenApp, HP-UX Integrity Virtual Machines).
- Knowledge of data center operating systems platforms: Microsoft Server (2003, 2008, 2012)
- Knowledge of database platforms: SQL Server
- Knowledge of automated configuration management and continuous integration tool.
- Knowledge of cloud monitoring and alerting tools.
- Knowledge of server hardware: HP Bladesystem, HP Proliant and Integrity servers, HP PA-RISC servers, AIX servers
- Knowledge of storage platforms: SAN, iSCSI, NFS – HP EVA, NetApp, EMC, Hitachi, Brocade, etc.
- Knowledge of data center infrastructure: Cisco, Brocade/Foundry, high-end data center LAN switches, load balancers, firewalls, power and cooling
- Knowledge of backup and DR technologies and experience with an enterprise level backup solution (CommVault, EMC, HP, etc.) and backup of both physical and virtual servers
- Bachelor's or Master's degree in Computer Science, Information Systems, or equivalent