Senior Financial Analyst
DealerSocket | Accounting/Finance | Irving, TX
Senior Financial Analyst
Job Purpose Summary
The position is responsible for performing financial analysis, modeling, and reporting activities to support the Manager of Financial Planning & Analysis. Candidate will be comfortable in the creation/evaluation of data, preparing forecasts, and analyzing trends. Candidate will work with department heads to analyze differences between budget and actual results and develop actionable plans for change based on data analysis findings. Distribution of periodic financial analyses, KPI metrics, and reports for the Executive Management Team and Board of Directors.
The ideal candidate will be a productive professional contributor with a strong understanding of heavy data analysis, and comfortable with a constantly changing environment. Candidate will, at times, be assigned to larger, moderately complex projects, and producing work product as a sole-contributor. This area of focus requires increasing independence; guidance/collaboration is provided on a regular basis but should be necessary primarily on complex issues. Comfort working with dirty data, requiring cleansing prior to analysis, will be necessary. An expert level of Excel proficiency is required to work within existing models.
Essential Job Duties
- Consolidation of the annual budget and regular preparation of interim forecasting including revenue, headcount planning, departmental expenses, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analyses at multiple levels of complexity.
- Compiles, tests, distributes and tracks business cases/financial models, reports and dashboards.
- Assist in the creation of new analysis models for executive management under the direction of the department Director/Manager.
- Delivery and organization of monthly reporting packages & metrics templates.
- Assisting in projects of heavy data and analysis for the all areas of the business.
- BS/BA degree in related discipline strongly desired (Finance, Accounting, Business, etc.)
- 7+ years of financial modeling/business case experience is preferred.
- Experience managing and analyzing large amounts of data.
- Familiarity with data query/data management tools is extremely helpful.
- Experience with sales/revenue organization, including reporting on sales performance, goal setting, and revenue forecasting.
- Experience in SaaS (Software as a Service) industry is extremely helpful
- Experience working in CPM software (Adaptive Insights or Other) is helpful
- Ability to work in team-based, matrix environment with multiple customers and partners
- Ability to manage multiple projects and re-prioritize as necessary to meet key deadlines
- Ability to work within a constantly changing and fast-paced environment
- Requires extremely advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel.
- Work independently and effectively under tight deadlines
- Possess creative thinking and ability to resolve issues