Associate Sustaining Engineer
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Vancouver, British Columbia
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a Sustaining Engineer to join our PingFederate team. PingFederate provides a full-featured and highly versatile federation solution that allows users to securely access all the applications they need with a single authentication from any device. It supports all modern identity standards like SAML, WS-Federation, WS-Trust, OAuth and OpenID Connect, and it’s recognized as today’s leading federation server.
As a Sustaining Engineer you will roll up your sleeves and tackle situations head on. Every day presents new challenges and puzzles to solve. You will be tasked to perform problem analysis, trace source code and fix defects - all to turn around solutions for our customers in timely manner. The work is rewarding: you’ll be helping our customers on the bleeding edge of identity security solve real business needs and work within our engineering team to continuously improve our products.
- Contribute as part of a distributed agile development team split between Vancouver, Canada and Denver, Colorado.
- Collaborate with engineers and product management to triage cases in a timely manner.
- Analyze reported defects to identify its scope and root cause.
- Develop hotfix patches for existing product releases.
- Contribute bug fixes and supportability improvements to future product releases.
- Review feature requests to ensure they’re sufficiently detailed and appropriately categorized.
- Stay current on identity security technology and Ping Identity product releases.
Required Skills & Experience:
- Exceptional problem solving skills with attention to details.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Ability to learn new technologies quickly.
- Self-motivated and able to coordinate with team members to get the job done.
- Strong proficiency in Java.
- Familiarity with many frameworks including: Java EE, Spring and Apache Commons.
- Experience with standard development tools stacks, including: IDEs (Eclipse or IntelliJ), source control system (Git), build and CI tools.
- Strong understanding of the HTTP protocol and REST APIs.
- PKI technologies including the use of TLS/SSL certificates.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Identity and Access Management (IAM) experience.
- Knowledge of IAM Protocols: SAML, OAuth and OpenID Connect.
- Experience working on large scale, distributed Java-based systems.