Advanced | Services - Consultancy | ., England
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Team & Role
An exciting opportunity has become available for a talented Solution Architect to join the team to deliver application and data migration solutions to our customers based in the UK, Europe and the Middle East. We are seeking an experienced Solution Architect with a successful track record of delivering application and data migration solutions from legacy systems such as VME and OpenVMS.
The Solution Architect will specialise in refactoring OpenVMS and VME legacy systems to run on the UNIX/Linux and/or Windows platforms. This role requires in depth 3rd generation language skills and extensive real-world experience, preferably in a broad range of business software systems. This role involves the application of Advanced 365 technologies to help deliver a sustainable future for crucial business applications.
- Learn and operate the Advanced modernisation toolse
- Function as an effective project team member
- Maintain a cooperative nature at all times
- Maintain the ability to both take instruction and work under own initiative as required
- Have a good awareness of technological developments and best practice
- Maintain a sharp focus on finishing intensive project
- Be able to adapt and apply new ideas as appropriate
- Research potential solutions and identify the optimum solution
- Lead or assist in the design of optimum solutions
- Successfully hand over solutions to relevant internal or external staff, including knowledge transfer
- Deliver and promote quality, excellence and continuous service improvement for Professional Services engagements
- Keep abreast of new features and functions made available within the Advanced suite of products
We would like you to have:
The successful candidate requires strong consultancy skills and, and is an excellent motivator of individuals in order to meet deadlines and manage change. You will have real-world experience of delivering concurrent small & medium scale projects on time and within budget.
- 10+ years 3rd generation language, preferably COBOL but also including one or more of Fortran, C/C++, Pascal, OpenVMS Basic
- OpenVMS and/or VME experience a considerable advantage
- Fujitsu IDMS, TPMS, SCL, and Application Master experience an advantage
- C# an advantage but not essential
- UNIX/Linux or Windows shell scripting experience
- Experience using a scripting language, such as Perl, Python, Ruby, etc., to automate ad-hoc source code analysis and modification
- Proven experience contributing to the successful delivery of large, complex, technical projects.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken
- Good personal presentation and good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in both structured and unstructured working environments
- A broad wealth of experience
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver a successful project