Sr. Software Engineer in Test (Automation and Tools)
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Cvent’s central framework team is responsible for and focused on designing and developing reusable components and tools that empower our cross-functional product teams to design, develop and test
As a Software Engineer in Test, you will play an integral role and work collaboratively with various stakeholder groups to design, develop and execute complex automated software test plans encompassing reusable automation scripts and frameworks in order to identify and address user problems and their causes.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Serve as a knowledge source for the escalation of complex automated testing application design and development issues and participate as an expert in software redesign process assessing software development projects for quality assurance factors affecting functional requirements and design specifications.
- Create automation testing strategies, leveraging knowledge of computer science and software development principles.
- Review testing documentation, develop testing standards, define criteria for testing, analyze test results, and present results to developers.
- Develop automated, high-quality test code and script for the products under development.
- Integrate test code/script into CI pipeline. Review and monitor test results. Working with development to fix and resolve identified issues.
- Provide input to systems and applications developers on testing automation procedures and requirements, schedules, or potential problems.
- Perform maintenance and upgrades to existing test environments.
- Develop a holistic understanding of the Cvent’s technology stack and the suite of products.
- Help to introduce new technologies, processes and testing methodologies to the team.
What You Need for this Position
- Bachelors or Post Graduate Degree in Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Human-Computer Interaction or related technical degree- REQUIRED
- 2+ year’s experience in software development or test engineering role with a broad understanding of the software development lifecycle.
- Experience with Java, and other modern programming languages.
- Strong understanding of modern web and mobile architecture and system.
- Extensive hands-on experience working with various SQL database or NoSQL data store.
- Coach and mentor cross-functional scrum teams in automated testing and CI/CD.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills as you will be presenting complex IT concepts and project metrics to both technical and non-technical audiences.