Senior Software Developer
Telarix | Product Development | Vienna, VA
Senior Software Developer
Telarix is a leading provider of interconnect and settlement software solutions to telecom communication service providers (“CSPs”) worldwide. The Company’s products drive ROI for customers by enabling and optimizing the connecting, routing and transfer of voice, video and data from one CSP’s network to another. Telarix supports a global community of over 4,000 carriers, including 38 of the top 40, and processes over 300 billion voice, SMS, content and data minutes each year. The Company's solutions serve as the standard in electronic information exchange for the telecom industry, offering carriers an unprecedented level of visibility and control of their interconnect traffic.
The Senior Software Developer is the lead practitioner for the product development team with full end-to-end responsibility for delivering high quality software products and solutions to our customers. Agile, cloud and open-source are at the center of our technology operations; so we’re looking for people that are passionate about it. You will be expected to quickly become the subject matter expert in the product features and functionalities that you and your team supports and become the go-to-person for all design/development needs. As a leader, you will be responsible for setting the coding standards, coaching the talented new hires and enforcing the best SDLC practices. In return, you will have the opportunity to work on some amazing products alongside a very talented team in a culture that balances fun, reward hard work and growth.
- Be involved in the design, architecture and development of Telarix’s enterprise-level software applications
- Collaborate and plan with your team members, lead and motivate the teams to deliver in an agile, cloud-first and open-source environment.
- Engage in the release and configuration management activities with a DevOPS mindset and CI/CD pipeline practices
- Interface closely with product managers and product owners to help groom and package agile sprints into releases; Work with Project managers to ensure teams deliveries are on track
- Be the strong technical pillar and provide technical leadership to the teams and serve as a technical mentor to the team members
- End to end responsibility and ownership in the delivery of the products; Identify, mitigate or escalate risks through the right channels
- Provide development support to a worldwide client base with 24x7 cycles and defined SLAs
- Make Telarix the best working experience any one person on your team has ever had
Skills and Requirements
- Passionate about solving complex business problems by designing and architecting scalable technical solutions
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science with 5+ years of experience in the software development industry with clear focus towards delivering software products and solutions
- 4+ years of SQL Server experience including expert-level experience writing stored procedures, views, functions.
- Experience with Web Services, RESTful APIs, SOAP, WCF, XML, LINQ, Entity Framework, Message Queuing.
- Excellent object-oriented design (OOD) & programming (OOP) skills, including strong working knowledge of design patterns, enterprise integration processes etc.
- Ability to handle large amounts of data and have a deep understanding of Relational databases and exposure to NoSql/Big-data technologies
- Experience with Angular/Knockout/Kendo UI/NodeJS is a plus.
- Real time experience developing, deploying and running applications at scale in a public-cloud infrastructure with any of the popular vendors such as AWS or Azure or Google is desired
- Experienced in agile software development methodologies and using tools such as Jira, Confluence, SVN/TFS/Git, Microsoft teams/slack
- A great communicator and influencer who can present his ideas clearly in slides format and enjoys working in a metrics and KPI driven environment by building and publishing dashboards and graphs.