Business Analyst II (Product Owner)
Vertafore | Product Management | Denver, CO
We are looking for a Product Owner (Business Analyst II) to fully understand and analyze both internal and external customer needs and then articulate those needs to the development team via user stories. As a product management team member embedded in energetic agile teams of Software and QA Engineers, you will serve as the interface between our customers and product managers and your development teams throughout the planning and software development process.
You will collaborate closely with product managers and internal and external customers to understand business processes and goals, and identify business problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. You’ll working closely with Product Managers and others to elaborate requirements, document proposed software solutions, and maintain and groom a prioritized backlog of features and stories. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
If you love technology, are hungry to learn, and are looking for a creative, fun and friendly workplace where you get to develop high quality software that will transform the insurance industry, we would love to get in touch with you.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
Skills & Requirements:
We need Product Owners who:
• Have a strong analytic orientation and the ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Are eager to learn to understand business drivers, future customer needs and competitive challenges
• Collaborate with user experience design staff on software (web/mobile) designs,
• Thrive on responsibility and display a drive for results
• Enjoy having fun, making things happen, and dreaming big
• Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals
• Demonstrate a flare for innovation and creativity
• Have strong time management and organizational skills
• Can communicate complex concepts to all levels of an organization and customers
• Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals clearly and effectively
• Understand web and database technologies
• 1-2 years’ experience, preferably with business analysis for web-based software
We love Product Owners who:
• Clearly communicate and defend their ideas strategies
• Have a passion for product quality
• Have experience design skills
• Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
• Operate best in a fast-paced and flexible work environment
• Are experienced with agile methodologies and understand the role of the product owner
We really like it when they:
• Share best practices that inspire everyone around them to raise the bar
• Have experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)