Solutions Engineer, Ruby
YouEarnedIt | Engineering and Development | Austin, TX
Overview of the role:
We’re looking for a seasoned Ruby developer with a passion for technical problem-solving and customer relations to join our growing team. As a Solutions Engineer, you’d leverage your technical expertise and coding skills to solve our customers’ problems. You’d investigate, develop, automate, and communicate to get the job done.
What you'll do:
- Spend 50% of your time coding creative solutions to customers’ needs and the other 50% interfacing with customers to support their needs
- Develop time-saving tools and automated processes to reduce integration setup overhead
- Work with customers’ technical teams to plan, coordinate, and execute on integrations with 3rd party systems
- Present YouEarnedIt’s technical capabilities and security features to customers in a pre-sales capacity
- Work with our Customer Success team to triage, investigate, and resolve customer support issues
- Influence our product’s direction with your ideas and insight into our customers’ needs
What we want from you:
- A passion for helping customers find elegant solutions to their complex problems
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks, reorganize/re-prioritize quickly, without feeling overwhelmed.
- Proficiency in Ruby on Rails - 5+ years preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills for technical and non-technical audiences alike
- Excellent problem-solving and debugging skills
- High standards for quality and attention to detail
- Proficiency in data mappers such as Mongoid or Active Record
- 5+ years of experience in a customer-oriented engineering role
- To apply - please submit your resume and a cover letter describing why you were inspired to apply
We look forward to hearing from you!