Product Support Specialist I
Superion | Support | Lake Mary, FL
Superion is a leading provider of software and services aligned to serve five key customer segments – Public Administration, Public Safety and Justice, State Government, Federal Government and Nonprofit Agencies.
Our products are designed to power amazing public experiences. The combined background and knowledge of our employees helps our customers power their work, from police officers responding to life-saving calls to city managers balancing budget and communicating with constituents. Over 175 million people in North America live in communities that rely on our products and services.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide direct technical assistance to customers via phone, email, and remote sessions.
- Provide internal and external user support for application issues of a technical nature.
- Collaborate with fellow support colleagues and other internal organizations to provide superior customer service.
- Create internal/external content for Superions’ knowledge base
- Maintain consistent, regular communication with customers regarding the status of their requests.
- Act as a customer advocate by working directly with customers on high priority issues to deliver timely resolution and capture customer feedback to influence process/product improvements.
- Anticipate customer needs and effectively address concerns related to their issue or resolution
- Effectively handle difficult customer interactions and challenging customer problems without the need for supervisory intervention; maintains poise and professionalism even with very difficult and demanding customers.
- Ensure that individual performance meets or exceeds department standards.
- Develop strong working relationships with cross-functional teams within Superion.
- Work with customers to identify reported system defects
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong problem solving, organizational, and analytical skills
- Ensure urgent customer issues are resolved in the most timely and effective manner possible.
- Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks or projects with changing priorities.
- Strong time management and prioritization skills.
- Strong ability to capture a complete and accurate problem/symptom description of reported issues.
- Troubleshoot and narrow down reported issues, identify root causes, and find creative solutions.
- Strong ability to listen to and work with customers in real-time to resolve issues.
- Can do attitude and team player.
- Familiar with one or more databases including Informix or Microsoft SQL Server.
- Experience with Application Servers
- Experience in Government Financial Software
- Bachelor’s degree computer science, accounting, management information systems (or equivalent experience)
- Experience in Accounting, Support, Software Development, IT, or Quality Assurance is preferred