Vertafore | Product Management | Bothell, WA
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
As Product Manager, you will guide a team as “mini-CEO” that is charged with the product line contribution as a business unit. This extends from increasing the profitability of the existing product to developing new capabilities for the company. You will build features from existing ideas, and help to develop new ideas based on your industry experience and your contact with customers and prospects. You must possess a unique blend of business and technical savvy; a big-picture vision, and the drive to make that vision a reality. You must enjoy spending time in the market to understand their problems, and find innovative solutions for the broader market.
You must be able to communicate with all areas of the company. You will work with a product owner and engineering counterpart to define product release requirements. You will work with marketing to define the go-to-market strategy, helping them understand the product positioning, key benefits, and target customer. You will also serve as the internal and external evangelist for your product offering and work with the sales channel and key customers.
• Managing the entire product line life cycle from strategic planning to tactical activities
• Specifying market requirements for current and future product by conducting market research supported by on-going visits to customers and non-customers.
• Driving a solution set across development teams (primarily Development/Engineering, and Marketing) through market requirements, product contract, and positioning.
• Developing and implementing a company-wide go-to-market plan, working with all departments to execute.
• Analyzing potential partner relationships for the product.
Vertafore is about bringing together top talent to make an immediate impact in software. Our culture encourages employees who are able to create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, exploiting advanced techniques to create new “ways and means” for the insurance industry, and with that the industry is changing too.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
• At least 2 years of product management, technical, customer service, or marketing experience is required, preferably in agile, design centered environments.
• Proven work experience in product management
• Proven track record of managing all aspects of a successful product throughout its lifecycle
• Proven ability to develop product and marketing strategies and effectively communicate recommendations to executive management
• Solid technical background with understanding and/or hands-on experience in software development and web technologies
• Strong problem solving skills and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job
• Skilled at working effectively with cross functional teams in a matrix organization
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills
• MBA and/or Pragmatic Marketing training a strong plus.
• This position requires travel to customer and non-customer sites in North America (25%).