Technical Support Specialist Associate
Omnitracs | 1531 - OT US - Ops - Tier 1 | Dallas, TX
JOB SUMMARY: The Associate Technical Support Specialist provides technical assistance, service and training to customers; exercises prudent judgment within the defined processes and practices of Tech Support in troubleshooting and developing solutions to a variety of complex problems and technical issues involving software and hardware; and train and assist customers on the use of systems and applications related to Omnitracs’ products and services.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Provide 1st level Customer Technical support and training resolution via e-mail and telephone
- Assists customers in configuring and setting up software applications
- Trains and assists customers on proper use and behaviors of the mobile platforms and applications related to Omnitracs’ services
- Identify, correct and/or advise on technical issues on a customer’s computer systems or mobile platform
- Provides enterprise 24/7 support for all Omnitracs’ products and Services
- Occasionally act as liaisons between the customer and their CSR or ICSR
- Provide Management with weekly status reports
- EDUCATION: Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science or Information Systems desired
- CERTIFICATIONS: Technical Training or Certificate Program, preferred
- EXPERIENCE: 0-2 years’ experience of high level technical support, networking, operating systems or software troubleshooting experience; and/or 0-2 years’ experience in a technical customer service role, preferred
- Working knowledge of hardware Operating systems
- Working knowledge of database concepts and platforms
- Understanding of troubleshooting tools and technologies
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Excellent analytical skills
- Ability to troubleshoot and support enterprise-level, web and client-based applications
- Ability to support standard operating systems
- Ability to configure software to connect to Internet application servers
- Ability to identify, correct or advise on technical issues on a customer’s personal/work computer system or mobile device platform.
- Ability to work independently with minimal instructions and/or direction
- Ability to multi-task and work with cross-functional teams
- Ability to test and install software and execute test plan with limited instruction
- Ability to provide technical support for our internal department
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.