IT Linux Systems Administrator
Omnitracs | 3512 - OT US - IT Business Systems | Dallas, TX
The Associate IT Systems Administrator supports Linux, UNIX and Windows operating system environments within product facing and back office networks, disaster recovery site and engineering/software development environments and provides systems level support for application and middleware services. The Associate IT Systems Administrator contributes to systems administration, application support, middleware administration, software deployments, release management, systems monitoring design/implementation and 24/7 on call support for mission critical applications and services.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
* Assist in systems administration and support over Omnitracs enterprise Linux and UNIX environments
* Assist in deploying and sustaining application/middleware infrastructure and architecture standards
* Ensure all systems deployed are secure and hardended from any known vulnerabilities
* Support any/all network, server, storage and database migration activities
* Continuously improve application performance and systems monitoring leveraging COTS or by developing custom tools
* Assist in performing root cause analysis for major incidents resulting in problem management responsibilities
* Support engineering or operational intiatives related to new product offering or sustaining activities through IT systems architecture and design for feasibility of new solution(s)
* 24/7 mission critical support and deployment support during maintenance windows
* Ensure all solutions and recommended solutions are consistent with IT standards and best practices
Skills & Other Requirements
* EDUCATION: Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems; or Associate’s Degree and equivalent work experience
* EXPERIENCE: 0-1 years Linux/UNIX and Windows Systems administrator experience within large 24/7 mission critical enterprise environments; experience with Linux Red Hat, CentOS or Debian distributions and Windows Server operating systems in large enterprise environments.
• Knowledge of network and Internet concepts, services and protocols
• Knowledge of Application Performacne Monitoring
• Knowledge of IT Systems architecture, design, and security
• Understanding of incident management, problem management, release management and change management concepts
• Understanding of relational database management systems such as SQL and Oracle
• Basic scripting skills (e.g. Shell, Perl, Python)
Disclaimer: This Job Summary indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.