Cash Applications Specialist
Vertafore | Accounting/Finance | Denver, CO
Make an impact and love what you do! Vertafore is a top provider of software for the insurance industry that keeps transforming. We create award-winning solutions to boost productivity, lower costs and help agents and carriers grow their businesses. We respect and value our team, and we look to bring the best talent together to make our future even stronger.
The Accounting Support Specialist is a key role in Cash Applications group within Finance. In this role, you will perform key month-end processes. We are seeking someone with pride in accuracy and business acumen, as well as proficiency with ERP and CRM systems, MS Office and Excel skills. An accounting or bookkeeping background preferred. Responsibilities include:
• Completes enrollments by analyzing and auditing documents, tapes, and transmissions; researching and resolving processing problems.
• Completes conversion mailings by coordinating requirements; developing plans.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing information; responding to requests.
• Resolves complaints by investigating issues and composing responses; referring non-standard complains and potential lawsuits to legal or government affairs departments.
• Maintains quality service by monitoring standards; advising supervisor of potential problems.
• Prepares reports by collecting and analyzing information
• Updates job knowledge by participating in educational opportunities.
• Enhances department and organization reputation by accepting ownership for accomplishing new and different requests; exploring opportunities to add value to job accomplishments.
Vertafore is about bringing together top talent to make an immediate impact in software. Our culture encourages employees who are able to create, think and challenge each other in a fast-paced environment. We are transforming our products and services, exploiting advanced techniques to create new “ways and means” for the insurance industry, and with that the industry is changing too.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law equal employment.
• At least 2 years of related experience with cash applications ideal
• Accounting or bookkeeping experience a plus
• Basic-to-intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, including Word, Excel, and Outlook
• Strong data entry skills
• Ability to drive key metrics
• Strong business acumen and attentiveness to detail
• Proven ability to learn quickly and work independently
• Excellent communication (oral and written) and organizational skills
• NetSuite experience a plus