Senior Deployment Technical Project Manager
PowerSchool | Services | US - Remote-based, CA
The PowerSchool SIS Senior Deployment Technical Project Manager/Consultant provides leadership for the implementation and deployment of PowerSchool student information systems software. This role has overall responsibility for delivering and supporting the implementation of projects of varying in scope and size to school districts via implementation projects as well as provides detailed application consulting for tailored configuration, data, and deployment of PowerSchool SIS Administration. This customer facing position oversees all phases of implementation and consultation projects to ensure accurate and timely completion of high customer satisfaction. Only those with years of PowerSchool SIS Administration software experience should consider applying. Up to 100% travel required.
Essential duties and responsibilities include the following. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The PowerSchool SIS Senior Deployment Technical Project Manager/Consultant must have extensive expertise administering and/or implementing PowerSchool SIS. Also required is familiarity and experience with large-scale, K-12 technology implementations at the district level. Must be able to think outside the core software to provide out of the box solution directions to large customers.
- Serves as project team leads and guides the work of internal and client team while ensuring responsiveness to district needs. Is accountable for overall performance and delivery of defined services scope of work.
- Develops relationships and works with key district and school stakeholders (e.g., program and technical leadership staff) to identify and articulate project goals and objectives; ensures all tasks and decisions align with goals and objectives.
- Drives and facilitates decision-making and consensus among key stakeholders (program and technical) at the local district.
- Facilitates scheduling of product training, conversion of data, and software installation.
- Provides leadership and consultancy on advanced setup, configuration, data mapping and customer business processes throughout the software implementation.
- Technical Project Management
- Assist customer in best practices and project plans for managing technical aspects of the project.
- Customizations, Data Migration, Server Inventory
- Process Analysis and Alignment Consulting
- Customer Process alignment with PowerSchool
- Inform implementation project plan for configuration, training, product tailoring, and support
- Requires in-depth knowledge of PowerSchool functionality
- Requires knowledge of common district processes
- Advanced Configurations
- Configure PowerSchool as SAML/WS-Trust Service Provider (ADFS, Azure, etc)
- Autocomm/Autosend Connections to 3rd Party Vendors
- Localization of PowerSchool
- Customization/Report Development
- Develop Customizations and Reports that are outside of Product Tailoring’s offerings
- Assist Customer in specification best practices for customizations.
- Managing Data Migration
- Assist customer with data mapping, manipulation and importing to PowerSchool.
- Assist customer with required data imports that are outside standard PowerSchool functionality. Ensuring that proper business logic is applied.
- Requires in-depth knowledge of PowerSchool Import capabilities, database schema, and business logic
- Provide training and assistance in building customer skill set for customizing PowerSchool SIS, Enterprise Reports, Web Reports
- Assist customers in determining best solutions for required customizations
- Data Maintenance
- Provide training on the use of data maintenance tools such as PowerTools and Special Operations
- Provide training on mass data corrections using DDA and ODBC
- Product knowledge consulting
- Answer any question on product configuration or functionality.
- Advocate for Customer with Support/Development
- Expedite critical support issues with providing support thorough issues descriptions, technical details, logs, and server access.
- Help teach customer on proper procedures to create support tickets and provide enough information to expedite support process.
- Applies project management methodology to all projects, including setting expectations and managing to scope.
- Acts as liaison on customer’s behalf to internal business units (e.g., sales, business operations, implementation, product education, technical support).
- Communicates directly with PowerSchool Group LLC customers by phone and email to assist with district/school configuration, district data migration, reconciliation of customer satisfaction issues, clarification of customer requirements and stats/steering meetings.
- Responds to feedback, resolving any issues in a manner that satisfies the customer while meeting PowerSchool Group LLC business objectives.
- Creates and maintains all project documentation including accurate records of individual implementation project deliverables/work products, status, and issues.
- Assist the service team and peers with the continued process and approach improvement for the PowerSchool SIS product implementations.
To be considered for and to perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty and responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
This position is focused on customer work via remote/home office, however, travel work is expected primarily.
- Subject matter expertise in PowerSchool SIS Administration.
- Work experience in K-12 large-scale, district technology implementations.
- High understanding of PowerSchool District, School, and Student data, including an understanding of relationships between of data for areas including students, courses, schedules, student schedules, grade scales, terms, report cards, transcripts, state reporting data, standards, grade books.
- Moderate to advanced Microsoft Excel knowledge and use for working with data sets.
- Ability to handle multiple projects, priorities and adapt to continual change in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication, organizational and leadership skills.
- Professional training and/or experience in project management required.
- Advanced knowledge of grading, grad planner and GPA creation and troubleshooting.
- Deep knowledge of all PowerSchool reporting elements.
- In-depth knowledge of PowerSchool data structure and business logic with the ability to analyze and correct data errors.
- Advanced knowledge and use of DDA and Import/Export functions.
- Knowledge and understanding of all product configuration items and how they control data input and downstream reporting needs.
- Knowledge and understanding of database extensions with the ability to consult customers on use and migration from custom fields.
- Familiarity with ODBC and SQL use in relation to PowerSchool.
- Familiarity with PowerSchool SIS Localization.
- Familiarity with 3rd party authentication PowerSchool SIS methods