Engineer SW QA I
Omnitracs | 2131 - OT US - Testing-SD | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
Omnitracs is looking for Engineer SW QA to support quality assurance of our industry leading suite of fleet management services. The I&T QA Engineers will have the opportunity to test/troubleshoot/support end-to-end application functionality across mobile and host, utilizing a verity of technologies.
ESSENTIAL RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES:
- Lead small HOST/mobile application testing
- Understand the requirements and translate them into Test Scenarios, Test Cases and the document the required test data
- Understand the End-to-end and ensure the comprehensive test coverage for the entire system
- Testing/troubleshooting at the BIOS/OS/Application/Infrastructure level
- Represent the test organization in the status meetings and provide status, issues and risks related to the testing scope of work and substantiate with the relevant metrics
- Provide Go/No-Go in the stage-gate meetings and ensure the team is provided with sufficient quality related metrics to vote Yay/Nay in the meeting
- Collaborate with the project stake-holders and ensure the project stays on the course
- Be a good team-player and must be willing to work independently as needed
- EDUCATION: Bachelor's, Computer Engineering and/or Computer Networks & Systems and/or Computer Science and/or Electrical Engineering or equivalent experience
- 2 + years of experience in Software Quality Assurance field.
- Experience with Test Planning, Test execution and Test Management
- Test Automation exposure and/or experience is a bonus
- Hand-on experience testing HOST/mobile platforms
- Exposure to software development methodologies
- End-to-end system knowledge (including knowledge of various networking and OTA protocols)
- Exposure to testing/troubleshooting at the BIOS/OS level
- Exposure to subsystem hardware integration related to I/O level testing
- Well versed in the scientific method (designing, executing, and analyzing tests/experiments)
- Required general skills:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills as this position will require heavy interaction with a number of different groups
- Comfortable working with multiple stakeholders on a project to understand and explain highly technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Ability to work independently on assignments; self-starter
Disclaimer: This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Omnitracs LLC, is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipal law.