Sales and Marketing Analytics Manager
Vertafore | Marketing | Denver, CO
Seeking an ever curious and knowledge hungry analytics leader to enable sales and marketing success through data driven decisions and insights. The Sales and Marketing Analytics Manager will be responsible for the daily data aggregation, data health, analysis and reporting used to power the sales and marketing organizations. This role will partner closely with Finance and other functional groups to ensure all sales and marketing insights are accurate, timely, as well as ensure quick and well informed business decisions can be made at all levels of the department. The ideal candidate will have experience with structuring, aggregating, analyzing and providing real time data within the Sales and Marketing functions of an organization and will be responsible for managing the Senior Sales Analyst. Additionally, excellent verbal communication skills, the ability to communicate complex analytical topics in a clean & simple way to multiple stakeholders and senior leadership, and strong interpersonal skills are required to perform the role.
The leader we are looking for has the complete package – always seeking answers through data, business minded, full of integrity and possess strong attention to detail. Responsibilities will include but not limited to:
- Serve as an integral strategic planning participant for the company and serve as an essential internal resource for key managers in sales and marketing on all analytics needs.
- Develop unique knowledge and understanding of sales and marketing segments by providing expert knowledge on historical, current and predictive views of sales and marketing metrics to key stakeholders.
- Developing and maintaining an on-going collaborative working relationship with the CFO and his/her managers is essential.
- Proactively diagnose the analytics requirements of the sales and marketing organizations; design and deliver processes, metrics, and manage resource allocation to fulfill analytics requirements.
- Collaborate with Sales and Marketing Technical Manager, IT, Finance and other departments as needed to ensure analytics roadmap and all underlying data sources are maintained and developed to support current and future reporting needs.
- Gather, analyze and report on large datasets from multiple sources such as forecasts, Business Objects, Salesforce.com, Marketo, Google Analytics, Data Warehouses, etc.
- Troubleshoot and identify root cause of operational issues (e.g. data quality, critical process degradation) and make recommendations to improve.
- Assist in all facets of sales and marketing planning, inclusive of quota-setting, headcount analysis, business planning, territory analysis and alignment, budget analysis, Develop tools, processes and systems to support the reporting accuracy of sales forecasts and data analysis throughout the business units. Ability to explain factors and events that result in variance to targets over time.
- Define, develop and produce comprehensive weekly key business metrics, including pipeline analysis, sales productivity measures, marketing program effectiveness, ROI, CAC/LTV.
- Coach users on best practice uses of data and analytics.
- BS/BA in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Statistics or related field
- 2-4 years of developing and delivering sales and marketing analytics
- Strong quantitative, analytical and problem solving skills, combined with a high level of initiative
- Hands-on experience sourcing data from Salesforce.com, Marketo, Netsuite, Google Analytics
- Hands-on experience with visualizing data in Salesforce.com dashboards and reports
- Experience with TM1 analytics platform strongly preferred
- Comfortable aggregating and working with large data sets from multiple sources
- Exceptionally strong Excel and PowerPoint skills
- Energetic, forward-thinking and creative individual with high ethical standards
- Strong communication and relationship building skills with the ability to interpret and summarize data to aid management in achieving strategic and operation goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills including problem identification, analysis, action planning, and execution
- Ability to work in fast pace and high-growth environment with tight deadlines and shifting priorities, and be willing to “roll-up your sleeves” to drive organizational change
- Experience managing personnel