Data Migration Specialist
Granicus | Professional Services | 80202, CO
Are you passionate about data and databases? We are seeking an ETL – Data Migration Specialist to join our Services Teams to support both internal and external clients.
We are looking for a motivated, skilled and energetic person who works well in a fast-paced, dynamic small-team environment. You will need to learn quickly and be passionate about helping others.
As the leader in government technology based in the heart of downtown Denver, we’re looking for talented, hard-working individuals to join the team. We have a casual, open office environment within walking distance of the Light Rail, and we’re seeking individuals who can work collaboratively with both our Development and Operations teams. We look forward to hearing from you.
What You Get To Do:
- Use various tools and processes to complete data migrations from other software packages into our products a timely and accurate manner
- Develop procedures and scripts for continuous improvement and repeatable processes
- Coordinate database changes and migrations with technical team, projects team and management
- Validate and analyze data sets to ensure data consistency and internal requirements are met
- Assist in technical direction for internal data models by coordinating with internal groups
- Produce client focused reports and logs of operations performed, including error reporting
- Participate in detailed design and product test execution as required
- Facilitate resolution of production database issues
- Work with clients to generate data mapping documents to execute against
- Other projects and duties as required
What We Need In You:
- Strong problem solving skills, including the ability to analyze complex problems and create well documented solutions
- Strong focus on automating repeatable tasks
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, interpersonal skills, and multitasking capabilities
- Ability to work under pressure both independently and within a team, in a fast-paced environment
- Experience working with a variety of different types of databases such as MS SQL Server, MySQL, Access and PostgreSQL
- Experience migrating, loading and validating data sets into production environments
- Background migrating between different data sources
- Bachelor’s Degree in Technology related field or equivalent combination of education and work experience
Granicus manages the world’s largest and most reliable legislative content network serving more than 5 million government media files and public records while maintaining a 99.98% uptime track-record. We also have over 20,000 government users leveraging our technology to successfully run their day-to-day government information tasks, including webcasting public meetings, managing and delivering legislative information, collaborating with citizens and more.
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or veteran status.