Advanced | Administration - Finance | Birmingham, England
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will get you where you want to go.
Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, providing you with responsibility, scope to explore the latest best practice and work in an open team where collaboration and new ideas are encouraged; it will take you on a fast-paced journey discovery and development of new and existing skills.
The Team and Role
We have a new opportunity for a Payroll Administrator to takes joint responsibility of the day to day processing of customer payrolls with the support of other team members and the service team leader
This role is based within a growing service area within a team of payroll processing assistants. The Payroll Administrator role is “hands on” with the opportunity to expand their knowledge and experience through working on a wide variety of payrolls.
Due to the continuous growth of the service responsibilities will evolve as required however they are expected to include:
- Processing customer payroll records to the agreed ISO 9001 procedures, adhering to agreed timeframes as guided by the senior team members and team leader
- Ensuring that all activities are completed in line with the agreed ISO 9001, ISO 27001 and data protection procedures and agreed timeframes.
- Peer checking payroll output including exception reports for completeness and accuracy
- Assist with all payroll processing tasks required including printing and despatch of payslips, letters and other documentation in a timely and secure way.
- Assisting the team in responding to queries within the published response timelines, analyse problems and recommend/implement solutions. Support fellow team members in doing the same.
- To ensure that all services are delivered to the published KPI’s
- Ensure that all activities are delivered as contracted and manage customer expectations professionally to ensure that the service delivery content and quality is maintained
- Identify and implement (with the necessary support) continuing improvement to the services offered to the customer base
- To work closely with the implementation team to ensure a smooth transition from implementation to go live, including contributing to the build, parallel run and final go live stages of projects as required
- To keep abreast of all current relevant statutory requirements
- Develop, consolidate product knowledge in order to deliver first class service to customers and support the knowledge within the team as a whole
- To comply, in a timely manner, with all departmental and company required administrative activities.
The Ideal Candidate
- A self-starter with the ability and motivation to deliver work to a high standard.
- Excellent communication and people skills.
- Able to work independently and as part of a team
- Relevant experience of working within a Payroll environment in a similar role with the ability to converse confidently with Payroll and HR professionals.
- Relevant qualifications would be an advantage.
- Good organisational skills (time management, administration etc.)
- A Team player used to following and refining the standards and procedures used for the provision of solutions. Provides support and assistance to other members of the team.
- Self-motivated, have strong inter-personal skills and the ability to influence others. Be willing to take initiative in problem identification and solution provision.
- Have a high level understanding of the functionality of the company products as required.
Join our Team
Does this sound like the kind of role you are looking for?
If you are keen to join an organisation that is going through an exciting growth period at the moment then please apply via the link below.
Based from our brand-new, state-of-the-art regional HQ in the Mailbox, Birmingham, the successful candidate will benefit from:
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holiday
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- Fantastic city-centre location, within easy walking distance of Birmingham New Street train station
- Company Bonus Scheme