Software Development Engineer - Image Processing
EagleView Technologies | Engineering & IT | Rochester, NY
We are looking for a talented Software Development Engineer to join our agile development team. As an experienced member, you will participate in all aspects of the software development life cycle: scoping, design, coding, testing, implementation and support. You will be responsible for EagleView’s image production tools. These tools are used throughout the image processing pipeline, including digital development of captured imagery, automated georeferencing and correction of images, and preparation of processed imagery for delivery to customers. Your position will allow you to take pride and ownership in your work as well as the in the overall contributions of your team, with the ability to see the immediate impact of those contributions on the business and its operations team.
- Design, architect and develop advanced software solutions in a cross functional Agile team supporting multiple projects and initiatives simultaneously, including:
- Collaborate with product owners and/or the business on requirements definition, development of functional specifications, and design
- Collaborate on or lead development of technical design and specifications as required
- Code, test and document new applications as well as changes to existing system functionality and ensure successful completion
- Play a pivotal role in all aspects of development for the software used in one or more phases of production
- Bachelor’s Degree required, preferably in Computer Engineering or related field
- Experience with low-level interfacing with hardware, image sensors and other devices.
- Extensive, hands-on coding experience developing Linux and Windows based applications in C/C++ and Python
- Strong background with mathematics and geometry
- Experience in Linux and Windows application development experience
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision, self-motivated, eager to learn
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong programming fundamentals and ability to produce high quality code
- Solid understanding of Agile (SCRUM) Development Process required
- Knowledge of third party programming libraries (e.g., OpenCV, Boost)
- Experience with Linux development using native tools (e.g., gcc, g++) and debuggers (e.g., gdb)
- Experience with developing applications to be run on cloud computing platforms (e.g., AWS)
- Experience with Continuous Integration/Continuous Deployment tools (e.g., Jenkins)
- Exposure to Geospatial platforms, libraries and SDKs highly regarded (e.g., GDAL)
EagleView® offers competitive pay and robust benefit plans along with the opportunity to grow your career in a fast-paced, fun and casual environment.
EagleView and its subsidiaries are committed to leveraging the talent of a diverse workforce to create great opportunities for our business and our people. EOE/AA. Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran.