Sr. Account Executive
Aptean | Sales | Alpharetta, GA
Would you like to be a part of the organization where high energy meets intellect? If you get excited by solving puzzles and working in a collaborative environment, then Aptean wants to work with you!!
Aptean provides very specific industries with very specific ERP, supply chain management, and customer experience solutions. In today’s fast-paced, highly competitive economy, organizations do not have time to waste forcing homegrown software, spreadsheets, and one-size-fits-all solutions to do things they were never designed to do. Aptean is on a mission to end those workarounds – with industry-specific solutions instead of generic software, expert support instead of making you go it alone, and a steady influx of new ideas instead of the status quo. That is why over 7,000 highly specialized organizations in more than 20 industries and 74 countries rely on Aptean to streamline their everyday operations.
Aptean is focused on providing products and solutions to customers in specific verticals. Our products are rich in feature and functionality and delivered on premise, SaaS and Hybrid delivery models. Aptean’s products deliver value at lowest total cost of ownership and scale with needs of our customers. Most of our products and solutions are leaders in the vertical market segments they serve.
Aptean uses its core values of Drive for Results, Win Together, Foster Innovation, and Be Courageous to guide its employee community to serve every customer in every geography and market.
The Senior Account Executive, WMS is responsible for net new product sales by pursuing new client leads. This person must participate in a comprehensive Solution Selling process that promotes cross-functional collaboration. This person will also be responsible for planning, developing, and executing sales strategies to meet an established quota. This is a hunter role, so the qualified candidate must be oriented to identify marketplace opportunities and pursue net new business. The Senior Account Executive will also provide input and guidance into marketing programs structured around lead generation and development.
Knowledge: Having wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and effective ways.
Complexity: Works on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Exercises judgment in selecting methods, techniques and evaluation criteria for obtaining results. Networks with key contacts outside own area of expertise.
Supervision: Determines methods and procedures on new assignments.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop innovative proposals and deliver strategic sales presentations
- Make actionable and insightful recommendations for new products, extensions, or enhancements
- Create and grow pipeline and quickly qualify opportunities and key strategic positions for each lead.
- Consult with clients on business issues and research design
- Demonstrate a solid approach to executing the sales process with creativity and vision
- Gain customer commitment, build momentum and accelerate the sales cycle, while working with key influencers throughout the sales process to minimize issues at closing
- Work with solution consultants to develop customer specific value propositions and coordinate product demonstrations
- Manage a revenue and bookings quota and participate in frequent forecast reviews of assigned accounts.
- Facilitate internal communication, including cross-functional transitions, escalations and contracts by engaging appropriate Aptean team members to add value to account
- Participate in product marketing events
- Utilization of the Solution Selling sales methodology for the management of all pipeline opportunities.
- Self-generate leads and opportunities as required to supplement marketing leads.
Bachelor’s degree required
Typically requires a minimum of 5 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; Typical range is 4-7 years. WMS Experience necessary.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Proven success in solution sales environment, with excellent sales, negotiation and objection handling skills
- Demonstrated advanced sales, market research and business skills.
- Experience with qualitative and quantitative research methods
- Demonstrated ability to understand sales barriers and overcome hurdles to close business
- Thorough understanding of the customer sales cycle
- Customer oriented with proven ability to sell value through a Consultative Selling approach
- Strong communication, creative thinking and presentation skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills with the ability to credibly present recommendations at senior levels in the organization
- Must be motivated, goal oriented with the proven ability to work with minimal direction and maintain a high level of collaboration across geographically diverse teams
- Possesses a high degree of honesty, integrity and ability to maintain confidentiality
- Professional image and interpersonal skills
- Organizational and follow up skills, problem solving and analytical skills
- Knowledge or previous experience in the software industry
- A proven track record of exceeding sales quotas.
- Ability to mine social networks for lead generation.
- Must have proven expertise with Warehouse Management Systems
If you are determined to give your best every day and you are seeking an opportunity to work with an amazing group of people, then apply online today!
Aptean, Inc., is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. In accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws we do not tolerate discrimination or harassment against any applicant for employment or employee with Aptean because of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information or any other group status protected by applicable law.