Manager/Lead, Email Marketing, Global Demand Center
Cvent | Marketing | Tysons Corner, VA
We’re looking for an experienced, entrepreneurial, and analytical email marketer who is passionate about all things email to join our Global Demand Center (GDC).
In this role, you will be managing and taking the lead on multiple projects simultaneously, working directly with various departments of our global marketing and data teams to optimize Cvent’s email marketing efforts. Your success will rely on your ability to work collaboratively to align business goals, drive results, and create scalable processes across the organization.
As part of the Global Demand Center team, you will have exposure to all sides of the business and to a wide array of marketing and tech systems. You will work on key company projects, like establishing best practices surrounding A/B testing and company benchmarks, while staying up-to-date on global compliance policies and evolving email technology. Your role will influence marketing systems architecture and process design in support of companywide email marketing efforts.
What You Will Be Doing
- Establish and monitor best practices for email content, design, and deliverability
- Recommend ideas and implement new strategies to build engagement based on email performance data
- Create and manage email guidelines around compliance and best practices
- Design and define business processes that drive continuous optimization
- Collaborate with various departments to ensure that email marketing campaigns are implemented effectively and efficiently
- Develop reports and dashboards to drive efficient open and click-thru rates, and measurable lift in customer engagement, retention, and profitability
What You Need for this Position
- 5 - 7 years direct experience working in an email marketing role, building and designing email templates and programs, with basic HTML/CSS skills
- Proven success reporting on and analyzing email performance metrics
- Experience with an ESP (direct experience with Marketo a plus) and other B2B/B2C Marketing technologies, and the ability to leverage these systems to drive engagement and optimization
- Demonstrated project management experience, the ability to work with stakeholders to finalize project plans, establish and communicate SLA’s, and to work with multiple business and technical stakeholders to meet agreed-upon deadlines
- Excellent communication, leadership, problem-solving, and analytical skills
- Education: BA/BS required in Marketing, Communications, Business or related field. MBA a plus