Sr. Software Engineer - Java
Ping Identity | Product Development - Software (5103) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
You will be an active member of an innovative and passionate team developing features and key extensions to a growing enterprise product platform for the market leader in Identity Security. There is a wide variety of work including API development, identity protocol implementation, authentication systems, security vulnerability mitigation, and performance optimizations at a large scale.
- Function as a solid individual contributor on a high output agile development team
- Collaborate effectively with the distributed team
- Analyze and elaborate on requirements
- Identify impacts of planned work on existing functionality
- Plan and estimate work to be completed
- Design and develop new features, as well as maintain existing code
- Develop unit and integration tests in collaboration with software quality engineers
- Remain on the forefront of knowledge in the industry, and share learnings with other team members and with the company
- 5+ years developing commercial products in Java.
- Strong interpersonal communications skills.
- Demonstrated experience in enterprise-level software development.
- Experience with open source and open source tools.
- Expert knowledge of Java and practices in development.
- Understanding of enterprise-scale systems and configurations related to security.
- Experience in an agile, iterative, or XP environments.
- Exceptional problem solving skills
- Demonstrates attention to details.
- Ability to work in a lightweight process environment, including requirements and test planning documentation.
- Capable of high performance in a two-week iteration cadence with frequent product deliveries.
- Self-motivated and works with minimal direction.
- Takes ownership of tasks and executes.
- Ideal candidate must be able to learn quickly and independently, and be capable of gathering information and understanding complex features/environments.
- Front-end development using React and Redux.
- Experience with identity management technologies and protocols (e.g., OAuth 2.0, OpenID Connect, security, cryptography, etc.).