Sales Operations Analyst
DealerSocket | Sales/Marketing | Dallas, TX
PURPOSE (why this job exists):
The Senior Sales Operations Analyst is responsible for building and standardizing a suite of reporting and empowerment tools to maximize efficiency at all levels across the sales and marketing organization. This role will play a critical role in developing a framework for scalable reporting, strategic planning, and supporting sales leadership. Projects will include pipeline analysis on a standard cadence, deploy and refine industry best practice forecasting processes, in-depth ad hoc sales performance analysis, develop reporting structures, evaluation of strategic programs, and the packaging of findings/recommendations into presentation-ready content for senior leadership.
- Build repeatable processes and reporting packages to empower both sales leaders and reps with critical operational data related to sales strategy and execution
- Develop and maintain standardized operational reports and dashboards to monitor overall region/territory health, data integrity, and other key objectives and performance indicators
- Partner with sales leadership to drive sales reporting and forecasting process
- Support ongoing analysis of business performance and inform executive decisions
- Collect, analyze, evaluate, and report data to track sales performance and metrics
- Work closely with Sales Operations and Finance counterparts to enable execution of annual plans
- Support day-to-day inquiries from the sales team, providing prompt and efficient resolution to a wide range of issues and developing operational procedures and policies to manage volume.
- Conduct in depth ad-hoc analysis
- Collaborate cross-functionally across the organization to ensure consistent reporting standards and processes
- Collaborate with the Sales Systems team to improve or define processes that promote data integrity and reporting functionality
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, and ABILITIES
- Strong attention to detail
- Organizational skills, prioritization, and time management
- Ability to work effectively with all levels of an organization including senior management
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
TRAINING and EXPERIENCE
- Bachelor’s degree in business, sales, marketing, accounting, finance, economics, mathematics, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience with Salesforce.com – Experience with reports, dashboards, and forecasting processes is a plus.
- 2+ years of experience with report writing, data gathering, reading and interpreting data preferred
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Outlook)
- Experience using SQL, Salesforce, or Marketo is a plus
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS (any specific physical attributes or limiting factors to be accounted for):
Work is performed in a normal office setting with minimal exposure to health or safety hazards; substantial time is spent working on a computer. Some travel may be required at times, but less than 5%.