Build and Release Engineer
KIBO | Product Development | Austin, TX
The Build and Release Engineer will build, operate, maintain, and improve our CI/CD pipelines across multiple products and technologies for Kibo.
They will achieve this through close collaboration with Infrastructure engineers, DBA’s and SW developers to develop, monitor, and improve highly automated solutions. Communicate effectively with key stakeholders throughout the organization to ensure appropriate parties are informed of release engineering process, procedures, initiatives, and status.
Why Kibo? We are a dynamic, growing software company offering cloud based, omnichannel platforms providing first-class eCommerce services. You will be joining a collaborative environment with a team first mentality, encouraging innovation and creativity. This role offers amazing growth potential for individuals looking to take their career to the next level!
- Maintaining and evolving the Continuous Integration(CI) infrastructure and automation.
- Packaging all software components for deployment, including the production of rpms.
- Developing and maintaining build tools and automation, including build monitoring, reporting, performance, and integration with ticketing system.
- Source control maintenance, health and optimizations.
- Integrating build automation analytic tools like test code coverage, code analysis tools, commit analysis tools, code integrity, process integrity automation, and automatic build health recovery procedures.
- Producing component artifacts related to automatic provisioning and deployment
- Developing tooling to manage dev, qa, and build sandboxes for running production and demonstration systems
- Enabling testing of new infrastructure components or upgrades
- BS/MS in Computer Science or a related field
- Proven experience producing production builds with build automation tools such as Jenkins, Maven, and Ant.
- Proven experience managing source code with Git.
- Experience writing tests with Junit and/or TestNG.
- Programming experience with Java.
- 4+ years experience in build and release engineering
- Deployments to cloud-based platforms such as AWS.
- Knowledge of deployment tools such as CFEngine
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Kibo Software Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipalities.