KIBO | Product Development | Austin, TX
An incredible opportunity to leverage your cutting-edge database engineering skills for a great company in the rapidly growing eCommerce software domain.
As a member of our data engineering group, you’ll architect, implement and manage databases and data warehouses with AWS-based PostgreSQL and MySQL.
Why Kibo? We are a dynamic, growing software company offering cloud based, omnichannel platforms providing first-class eCommerce services. You will be joining a collaborative environment with a team first mentality, encouraging innovation and creativity. This role offers amazing growth potential for individuals looking to take their career to the next level!
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
- Nimble and Adaptable
- Assist with project design/development
- Work within an agile scrum team, contributing to an atmosphere of continuous improvement
- Perform Data Modeling, Database Architecture, Datawarehouse Design and ETL development
- Assist with production issues
- Perform code reviews
- Research and fix large defects
- Creates and Maintains Tables, Views, Functions and Stored Procedures
- Mentor Database Developers
- Assist with troubleshooting database performance issues
- Creates and Maintains Tables, Views, Triggers, Functions and Stored Procedures
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with team members and others
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer science or related field required, or significant relevant work experience
- Master’s Degree preferred.
- 3+ years of experience in database and datawarehouse development
- Proven problem-solving skills
- Must be able to work in a fast‐paced team environment
- Capable of designing and maintaining schemas
- Capable of leading code reviews
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills required
- Extensive hands-on experience with the following preferred:
- Postgres (aka PostgreSQL) (Required)
- MySQL (Required)
- SQL Server
- Cloud, AWS
- Data Modeling
- Database Architecture & Design
- Database Administration
- Data Warehousing
- Business Intelligence, KPIs & Analytics
- ETL design, implementation and tools
- Performance optimization
- High Availability / Disaster Recovery
This Job Description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of the incumbent(s). It is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the incumbent. Incumbent(s) may be asked to perform other duties in addition to those described above.
Kibo Software Inc., is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of any status or condition protected by applicable federal, state, or local municipalities.