Senior Director/Director, User Experience - Hospitality Cloud
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
The Director of User Experience for our Hospitality Cloud is responsible for leading a team of product designers within our global design organization. In this role, you’ll manage product designers in the development of web and mobile applications focused on the Hospitality business.
The successful candidate should have experience in user experience design best practices and methods in an applied software development setting. You should possess strong leadership skills, self-initiative, and a willingness to shepherd new ideas within the organization. This position plays an integral role in driving application design and providing product direction at all stages of the development life cycle.
What You Will Be Doing
- Provide thought leadership and a unifying vision for the user experience across Cvent’s offerings
- Evaluate the effectiveness of new and existing experience design elements in the existing product by incorporating customer and user feedback, and best practices in order to continuously evolve and improve the product
- Champion a user-centered design process throughout the organization
- Work with executive and product teams to integrate product design into development methodology as well as the rest of the organization
- Participate in customer site visits to interact with customers management and users to elicit usability requirements
- Manage, mentor and continue to grow a team of product designers
- Define UX goals/strategy and work closely with the User Research, UI Development, Product Management, Product Development, Quality Assurance, and other stakeholder teams to execute
What You Need For This Position
- 10+ years of progressive UX/UI design and/or product management experience in software, web and mobile environments
- 4+ years of experience managing UX/UI resources and strategy
- Solid UX analysis & design experience in large-scale software development environment and possess a strong understanding of information architecture and user-centered design methodology
- Solid exposure to web and mobile software development, product/design research and brand awareness
- Demonstrated success in leading UX design and software product development opportunities from concept to successful launch/implementation
- Visionary with strategic mindset who can also partner with others to execute the strategy
- Expertise in developing and weaving together a strong interaction design and a strong visual design to produce a seamless, effortless experience.
- Ability to "see through the noise" and frame the problems, identify solutions, and move the team forward
- Experience partnering and delivering with groups across the organization including Product Development & Management, Sales, Client Services, Customers, and the Executive Team
- Successful experience in building teams, goal setting, coaching, & developing individuals to achieve targeted results.
- Excellent leadership, strategic/analytical thinking, communication, problem solving, influencing, and interpersonal skills