Ping Identity | Accounting/Finance (9110) | Denver, CO
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Manager of FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) provides thought leadership to influence executive level decision making by extracting insights through financial analysis. Whether it's modeling business scenarios or tracking performance metrics, your work is used by Ping’s leaders to understand business performance and make strategic decisions. You are a natural self-starter with an eye for detail, collaborative work style and a passion for scaling and improving practices.
The Manager of FP&A will be responsible for short and long-term growth forecasts that guide financial planning. You will work to ensure the highest standards of quality and transparency in our processes and reporting, and proactively implement best practices to minimize risk. You will also serve as the primary finance business partner for the Marketing & Product Management functions, collaborating across Product, Sales, and Marketing teams to develop analyses and identify opportunities and risks for business growth.
The Manager of FP&A is an integral part of Ping’s Finance organization, providing financial and analytical support to Ping’s business organization. Our work is key to operational and strategic decision-making of leadership team. From understanding market trends to exploring productivity and returns on various investments, the Finance organization is an important partner and adviser to all functions within the business.
- Help drive monthly, quarterly and annual corporate financial planning cycles
- Drive visibility into business performance and resource planning decisions and help evaluate go-to-market strategies.
- Manage business planning, analytics, and reporting for the Marketing and Product Development teams, working closely with the Demand Generation team to report and analyze Pipeline.
- Define and implement metrics that matter and reporting tools to provide insight into business performance.
- Partner with leaders in the organization to understand and provide clear insights into drivers of business performance, risks, and opportunities.
- Develop new ways of modeling to unlock actionable insights or improve financial processes.
- Work alongside a team of analysts to provide business growth forecasts and analytics to drive growth; provide necessary trainings to more junior member of the team to ensure high quality work.
- Make progress even under ambiguous environment; create structure and drive impact with limited guidance or precedence.
- Bachelor's degree in Finance or Accounting or equivalent practical experience.
- 6+ years of relevant experience in finance, management consulting, public accounting, corporate strategy or similar environment.
- MBA and/or CPA/CFA.
- Public company experience.
- Excellent analytical, communications, quantitative and interpersonal skills.
- Distinctive problem solving and analysis skills, combined with sound business judgment, leadership skills, and confidence to communicate effectively with executive business partners.
- Ability to self-start and self-direct work in an unstructured environment, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity in a constantly evolving environment.
- Organized, strategically focused, detail oriented.
- Fast learner with a “get it done” attitude.
- Database, automation or business intelligence skills.
Team player; willing to help out other team members as necessary while promoting positive morale.