Senior Quality Engineer (ETL/ Data Warehousing)
Cvent | Technology | Tysons Corner, VA
Founded in 1999, we are the world’s largest meetings management technology company with over 3,300 employees worldwide. Cvent offers an end to end software solution that includes site selection, online event registration, event management, e-mail marketing and web surveys. Cvent works with over 170,000 users in 100 countries to manage hundreds of thousands of events, surveys and e-mail campaigns year round.
Working at Cvent - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8X2xkex1o4
- Work on Internet scale applications, where performance, reliability and scalability, are critical design goals – not after-thoughts.
- Identify, record, document and track bugs
- Analyze and support innovative mobile applications on a wide range of platforms including iOS, Android and others.
- Automate web based testing and Restful web services using industry leading tools such as Selenium and ReadyAPI
- Gain experience testing in different database technologies, ranging from traditional relational DBs to the latest NoSQL products such as Couchbase and Cassandra
- Further enhance your skills by testing some of the following technologies: Redux, RabbitMQ and Elasticsearch.
- Be a self-starter and possess the ability to research issues and improve processes.
- Manage multiple tasks and adjust to shifting priorities, as necessary.
- Understand Data Flow & Test Strategy for ETL testing
- Write advanced SQL queries for ETL/DWH testing
- 5+ years of web based test management experience using some of the following tools: GIT, Stash, JIRA, FireBug, NVDA, Wave.
- Strong SQL skills and experience with relational databases
- Proficiency with Test Automation tools and scripting
- Experience with Web APIs and/or Web Services
- BS or MS in Computer Science OR related technical discipline.
- Experience in ETL and Data warehouse Testing
- Exposure to any 1 ETL tool
- Experience in testing Database Application to validate source to destination data movement and transformation
- Experience in automating RESTful Java APIs using ReadyAPI
- Proficiency with automating web based applications utilizing tools such as Selenium
- Familiarity with message queueing systems like RabbitMQ
- Experience with NoSQL data stores such as Couchbase or Cassandra
- Involvement with, and a desire to mentor junior level Quality Engineers
- Experience with any of the following tools is a plus: SSIS, AWS, PragmaticWorks, Reporting Tools(like Cognos, BIRST, Tableau)