Vista Equity Partners | Accounting/Finance | Oakland, CA
Vista Equity Partners is a leading investment firm focused on investing in software and technology-enabled businesses across multiple asset classes, including private equity, credit strategies and hedge funds. With over $31 billion in cumulative capital commitments across various product groups, Vista seeks to partner with world-class management teams looking to reach their full potential. We understand the software business model and have developed specific operational improvements (the "Vista SOPs") to create value, and we combine this operational capability and understanding with a unique, long-term perspective. This combination encourages optimal business decisions, enables the pursuit of operational excellence, and drives maximum value creation for all shareholders.
The Accountant will primarily be responsible for the monitoring, review, verification and reconciliation of invoices and expenses entered into the Accounts Payable system according to the Company’s policies and procedures in an efficient, timely and accurate manner. In addition, the role will support the accounting team with reoccurring operational and ad hoc assignments and will have the opportunity to cross train with other roles.
Essential duties include:
- Reviewing expense reports and invoices and ensuring accurate coding, approval and documentation support prior to processing.
- Reconcile processed work by verifying entries and comparing system reports to balances
- Process payments through wires and manual checks and ensure proper review and approval obtained prior to payment release.
- Providing support to departments including answering expense questions and resolving issues on a timely basis.
- Ensuring payments are processed prior to due dates to avoid late penalties
- Vendor creation and maintenance of vendor list in compliance with Company policy.
- Maintaining and establishing quality, productivity and timeliness standards
- Bachelor’s degree - Accounting or Economics preferred
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Experience with automated financial systems, including a general ledger system - Concur Solutions and Intacct preferred
- Effective oral and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail with high degree of accuracy
- Experience working with large volume of data preferred
- Able to multi-task and work to internal and external deadlines
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently and in a team environment
- Good understanding of financial processes, practices and applications
- Knowledge of GAAP and industry standards is an advantage
- Proficiency in MS Excel