Professional Services Consultant
Ping Identity | Professional Services (1100) | Austin, TX
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a US-based Professional Services Consultant for the Professional Services team at Ping Identity. The Professional Services team is part of our Global Customer Success organization at Ping and delivers professional services for federated identity and access management solutions across our entire product platform including: Single Sign On, Multi-Factor Authentication, Access Management, Directory, and Data Governance. This includes architecture consulting, installation, configuration, extension, and software connection solutions.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for delivering Identity and Access Management solutions for our customers. This role is very much hands-on, and the Professional Services Consultant is expected to take initiative, understand business and technical objectives of an engagement, manage client expectations and manage tasks to completion. A Professional Services Consultant is an expert in web application security and federated identity and will need to showcase these skills on a daily basis to our customers.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide customer specific installations of Ping Identity products for customers and their federation partners.
- Implement custom integration solutions.
- Provide consulting services to Ping customers on how to configure Ping products to achieve a customer’s desired use cases.
- Research new technologies and determine their applicability to the Ping Identity product line.
- Help expand the Professional Services offerings.
- Ability to present project solutions to clients, manage client expectations, and implement and deliver solutions
- World class, interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Strong organization skills
- High standard for solution quality
- Highly collaborative
- Ability to self-manage and independently deliver solutions
- Experience with:
- Web application concepts
- Basic security concepts (encryption using keys, SSL, HTTPS)
- Problem determination and performance tuning
- Maintaining an Access Management/SSO system in a large organization
- Application Integration with a Database or LDAP compliant Directory
- Comfortable with working in a Windows/Linux environment
Additional Preferred Skills:
- Working knowledge of Federated Identity and Single Sign-On concepts.
- Working knowledge of SAML, WS-Fed, WS-Trust
- Working knowledge OAuth and OpenID
- Working knowledge of integrating security solutions with a security information and event management (SIEM) solution
- SaaS Application Integration
Java and/or .NET development