Solution Principal- West Region
Ping Identity | Professional Services (1100) | Austin, TX
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
We are currently seeking a Solution Principal (services pre-sales engineer) for the Professional Services team at Ping Identity. The Professional Services team is part of our Global Customer Success organization at Ping and delivers professional services for federated identity and access management solutions across our entire product platform including: Single Sign On, Multi-Factor Authentication, Access Management, Directory, and Data Governance. This includes architecture consulting, installation, configuration, extension, and software connection solutions.
We are looking for an individual with a passion for envisioning innovative solutions that solve real-world client challenges through the use of our products. The Solution Principal will report to the North American Professional Services Lead and is expected to define, scope, and quote services engagements in alignment with a customer’s objectives. The Solution Principal will need broad experience in client requirements gathering, solution definition, and services estimation per industry and Ping Identity best practices (ideally for web application security and federated identity and access management).
- Be the primary point of contact for Ping’s North American sales team to help drive request for service opportunities with large enterprise customers
- Meet with clients to understand key business objectives and product solution architecture as inputs to derive services requirements
- Develop statements of work (SOWs) underpinned with solid level of effort (LOE) estimations for customer acceptance
- Iterate through solution approach to deliver the optimal solution for client success within the bounds of Ping Professional Services and Partner capabilities
- Forecast services wins and start dates such that resource management can adequately plan and staff engagements
- Help package service capabilities in repeatable offerings to increase sales efficiency
- Build strong relationships with customers, partners, and team members
- Provide regular updates to customers, partners, and sales colleagues on progress during pursuits
- Provide regular feedback to the Professional Services PMO to guide future methodology and packaged service development
- World class interpersonal verbal & written communication skills
- Ability to build strong internal and external relationships
- Aptitude for listening with strong attention to detail
- Ability to work collaboratively with both internal and partners in defining workable customer solutions
- Prior sales, presales, and/or project management experience for services in a entries software company or consulting
- Strong organizational and estimation skills
- High standard for solution and process quality
- Ability to self-manage and independently deliver results
- Experience in the web application security and federated identity and access management
- Experience with the technical implementation and/or project management of implementing web application security/federated identity solutions
- Experience with partner relationship management
- Some (up to 25%) travel is expected as client requirements dictation; however many customer accept remote work