Director, Technology Consulting
Vista Consulting Group | Vista Consulting Group | Chicago, IL
Vista Consulting Group is the operating and consulting arm of Vista Equity Partners, a private equity firm that specializes in acquiring software, data and technology enabled businesses. The VCG team works alongside Vista investment professionals and key portfolio company leaders to help current and newly-acquired businesses strengthen their operations through the implementation of standardized, repeatable and proven processes and methodologies.
Vista is experiencing strong success, resulting in increased demand for consulting services and growth of VCG’s Product and Technology team. Our team operates across the investment lifecycle including evaluating the risks and strengths associated with the product and technology of potential new investments as well as partnering with portfolio companies to implement and drive operational excellence in software development by optimizing people, process, tools and technology. This is an exciting opportunity to own and define product and technology best practices within highly-distinguished software companies throughout the United States.
Understanding product and technology maturity and their ability to support the investment thesis is critical to success and long-term value creation. The Director of Technology Consulting will partner with other team members to advise portfolio companies to achieve transformational success, by improving or changing their technology organization, stack and processes aligned with the value creation plan. In addition, this individual will partner with other members of the Product and Technology practice to provide acquisition guidance, market and technical due diligence, technology roadmap assessments and technology and organizational integration planning.
Austin or Chicago preferred. Will also consider remote candidates.
- Work with portfolio companies to plan and execute company transformation, remediation, and optimization initiatives to ensure the consistent delivery of world-class products and services
- Work with Engineering and Product Management teams to evolve and help implement the Technology Roadmap for the portfolio companies
- Advise on technical risks and opportunities related to product scalability, reliability and security Define, document, implement and continuously improve software development best practices for achieving product development operational excellence across Vista’s portfolio of companies
- Drive the implementation and adoption of software development best practices (people, process, tools, and technology) across the portfolio
- Champion and breed a culture of process, design, and engineering innovation and excellence
- Reports to the Managing Director for Technology Consulting
- Leadership in a product development role with progressive responsibilities over the last 15+ years
- 15+ years of software engineering management experience with previous experience: defining requirements, setting the technology roadmap and implementing the software engineering & architecture process
- Experience as a CTO or at a Big 5 or boutique consulting firm preferred
- Must have a track record of successfully building and shipping products and services from inception to delivery
- Exceptional communication skills and proven ability to work with clients and present to C-level executives and establish immediate credibility and rapport
- Strong analytical, problem solving, and client deliverable experience
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to handle multiple high stress and demanding projects and priorities simultaneously with absolute focus and attention to detail.
- Thorough understanding and successful implementation of leading cloud-based technologies and enterprise application frameworks in multiple different industries
- Strong business acumen as it relates to technology and product investments in the enterprise
- Ability to influence multiple stakeholders of varying levels of seniority
- Ability to assimilate disparate sources of information and adapt to evolving business requirements
- Ability to skillfully negotiate ambiguity and achieve superior results in a fast-paced and demanding environment
- Receptive to a quickly changing and adapting landscape and priority
- High emotional intelligence and genuine intellectual curiosity are a must
- Bachelor’s Degree in MIS, Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent required
- Post graduate work, (Master’s degree) preferred
- Flexibility to travel up to 75%