Services Account Manager
Granicus | Sales | Washington, DC
The Granicus Sales Team is a dynamic, results-driven group charged with driving new revenue in a young and energized Cloud Vertical.
Ours is a Team that values individual initiative as well as teamwork. What we do makes a difference. Our products and services improve the efficiency of government and the quality of people’s lives.
The Services Account Manager generates and supports subscription sales for our SaaS platform and leads our largest services-oriented opportunities nationally, including all government functions, such as health and human services, education and transportation, for city, county, state and federal agencies.
Join us to make a difference for the company and, most importantly, for our customers.
What You Get To Do:
- Generate, develop, and close sales opportunities with Government Agencies, including enterprise deals
- Lead our most strategic opportunities that comprise a significant services component
- Understand complex customer requirements for digital communications with the public, including operational, business, and technical requirements
- Develop and independently deliver custom presentations on Granicus to revolutionize the prospect’s engagement with the public
- Develop effective strategies for winning in a competitive environment.
- Manage internal resources, including sales support, marketing, and solutions consultants to present a compelling case to prospects
- Meet and exceed quarterly sales targets
- Manage late funnel aspects of the sales process including: opportunity management, forecasting revenue, contract management and closing deals
- Pursue leads generated by yourself and our inbound and outbound marketing efforts
- Support management team in developing sales strategy
- Support individual account executives on our most strategic opportunities, especially those with significant services content
- Document all conversations, activities, and emails in our SalesForce CRM
- Write and present quarterly business reviews to Sales Management, Senior Management, and peers
- Travel about 50%
What We Need In You:
- Confident, competitive, thorough, flexible, and tenacious
- Proven to be capable of managing 30 or more active opportunities and meeting sales objectives by closing 15 or more opportunities per year
- Capable of selling $100K+ deals as part of a diverse sales pipeline
- Goal-oriented and self-motivated
- Successful working independently and in a collaborative team
- Excited about managing multiple simultaneous priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Independently accountable for commitments and delivering the best performance by intelligent prioritization
- Proven in your ability and passion for prospecting – frequently breaking into new accounts
You Have Demonstrated Many of the Following:
- Passion for public sector success
- Client focus – the desire and ability to understand the drivers of client needs
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills, both written and oral
- Significant accomplishments selling marketing/communications technology, or marketing services
- Success selling to state and local government entities
- Impressive track record of C-level sales activity
- Demonstrated effectiveness selling through partners, resellers and/or integrators
- 5+ years field sales experience in IT, information services, or business services sold on a subscription model
Granicus is committed to providing equal employment opportunities. All qualified applicants and employees will be considered for employment and advancement without regard to race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, physical or mental disability, age, genetic information, sexual or affectional orientation, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, familial status, military or veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law.