Mediaocean | Product Development | New York, NY
Mediaocean is searching for an experienced Java Developer to join our New York Development team. In this fast paced and dynamic role you will work with the scrum team to develop rich web application. You will be primarily work on backend development using latest Java technologies. You will design, analyze and develop new features in our applications as well as provide support for existing application functionalities .
Responsibilities will include:
- Analyze, design, estimate and implement application features
- Performing code and architecture reviews
- Taking on independent design and coding tasks
- Being a team player and collaborate with Dev, QA and Product teams to build sound solutions that solve business needs
- Comply with the industry proven programming standards and techniques that are in line with the overall technical vision of our ecosystem,
- Actively participate in code reviews and other quality and performance improvement tasks
Who You Are:
- 4-6 years of hands-on experience in Java Development including REST APIs for client server applications
- Strong Understanding of Java 8, JPA, Spring, Hibernate
- Experience with SQL databases ( Oracle 11g)
- Experience in Front end development using ReactJS is a plus
- Proven track record for delivery of quality software on time into product releases.
- Very high personal bar for code quality.
- Willingness to participate in code, design, and product reviews.
- Good communications skills; ability to to express oneself effectively depending on the context.
- Familiarity with development tools like git, pull requests, IntelliJ or similar IDE, jira, jenkins.
Any experience working with the following is a plus:
- Queuing technologies like JMS, AMQP (we use IBMMQ and RabbitMQ)
- NoSQL databases such as MongoDB
- Apache Camel
- Spring Cloud Projects (Config/Eureka/Zuul)
- UI development using ReactJS, knockoutJS, JQuery, JMS, JBPM