Migration Consultant (OpenVMS)
Advanced | Services - Consultancy | Slough, England
Migration Consultant (OpenVMS)
- > Location: Slough
- > Division: Transoft
- > Function: Professional Services
- > Reporting to: Martin Farndale
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Team & Role
We are seeking an experienced Migration Consultant with a successful track record of delivering application and data migration solutions from the OpenVMS legacy system.
The Migration Consultant will specialise in refactoring legacy systems from 3rd generation languages such as C/C++. This role requires in depth C/C++ skills and extensive real-world experience preferably in a broad range of business software systems. This role involves the application of Transoft technologies to help deliver a sustainable future for crucial business applications.
- Learn and operate the Transoft modernisation toolset
- Function as an effective project team member
- Maintain a cooperative nature at all times
- Maintain the ability to both take instruction and work under own initiative as required.
- Be able to maintain a sharp focus on and finish intensive projects.
- Have a good awareness of technological developments and best practice
- Be able to adapt and apply new ideas as appropriate
- Successfully hand over solutions to relevant internal or external staff, including knowledge transfer
- Deliver and promote quality, excellence and continuous service improvement for Professional Services engagements
- Keep abreast of new features and functions made available within the Advanced 365 suite of products
We would like you to have:
The successful candidate requires strong consultancy skills and, and is an excellent motivator of individuals in order to meet deadlines and manage change. You will have real-world experience of delivering concurrent small & medium scale projects on time and within budget.
- 5+ years of C/C++ design, implementation and support
- In depth experience within Windows and Linux development including operating systems APIs
- OpenVMS Experience is an advantage
- Database design and implementation – SQL is a must
- Modern build and deployment experience (i.e. Gradle, Cmake)
- Scripting in Perl or Python an advantage
- Transoft toolset training will be provided
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken
- Well presented and good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in both structured and unstructured working environments
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver a successful project
- Comfortable in customer facing role
Join the A Team
- Excellent benefits from day one: contributory pension, life insurance, income protection insurance, childcare voucher salary sacrifice, cycle to work scheme, and employee assistance programme
- 25 days holidays
- Special focus on training and development with the opportunity to excel your career from our internal Talent Development Team
- The ability to work with engaged colleagues who share a passion for solving business problems
- Working in an organisation that encourages 360 feedback at all levels
- Be part of an organisation that has recently been ranked by Deloitte in the Top 50 fastest growing tech Companies