C++ Migration Consultant
Advanced | Services - Consultancy | Slough, England
C++ Migration Consultant
Join a business that embraces innovation, gives you the scope to seize every opportunity and will help get you where you want to go. Life at Advanced begins in an unprecedented environment with a role that matters, taking you on a fast paced journey of discovery, however big that might be.
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that makes us different from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Team & Role
We are seeking an experienced C++ Migration Consultant with a successful track record of delivering application and data migration solutions from the OpenVMS legacy system.
The C++ Migration Consultant will specialise in refactoring legacy systems from 3rd generation languages such as C/C++. This role requires in depth C/C++ skills and extensive real-world experience preferably in a broad range of business software systems. This role involves the application of Transoft technologies to help deliver a sustainable future for crucial business applications.
- Learn and operate the Transoft modernisation toolset
- Function as an effective project team member
- Maintain a cooperative nature at all times
- Maintain the ability to both take instruction and work under own initiative as required.
- Be able to maintain a sharp focus and finish intensive projects.
- Have a good awareness of technological developments and best practice
- Be able to adapt and apply new ideas as appropriate
- Successfully hand over solutions to relevant internal or external staff, including knowledge transfer
- Deliver and promote quality, excellence and continuous service improvement for Professional Services engagements
- Keep abreast of new features and functions made available within the Advanced 365 suite of products
We would like you to have:
The successful candidate requires strong consultancy skills and, and is an excellent motivator of individuals in order to meet deadlines and manage change. You will have real-world experience of delivering concurrent small & medium scale projects on time and within budget.
- In-depth experience of C/C++ design, implementation and support
- Experience within Windows and Linux development including operating systems APIs
- OpenVMS Experience is an advantage
- Scripting in Perl or Python an advantage
- Transoft toolset training will be provided
- Strong communication skills, written and spoken
- Well presented and good interpersonal skills
- Comfortable in both structured and unstructured working environments
- Energy and enthusiasm to deliver a successful project
- Comfortable in customer facing role
Reimagine your Future by Joining the Advanced Team
We hire for potential, and develop at pace.
Advanced are a different sort of employer. Recruiting people with potential, our focus is on what you might be capable of achieving. We look for aspiration and passionately believe that your individual personality and core strengths are what can make you right for us. We want you to learn, to discover, to experiment, to make a difference.
With a £225m turnover, 16,000 customers and 2,200 employees we pride
ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public
sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organisations that
simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate value.
Some of our Key Benefits from day one are:
- Generous Annual Leave - 25 days annual leave plus localised public holidays, with the ability to buy additional days
- Advanced Perks At Work - Exclusive employee discount programme providing access to enhanced offers at high street retailers (including John Lewis, Tesco, Apple and Asos), discounted rates for cinema and theatre tickets, accommodation and travel bookings
- Stunning office locations across 5 key hubs
- Charity Fundraising - Proud to be a Patron of The Prince's Trust
- Dedicated talent development team to help your Advanced career progress
- Top Achievers Club – our internal award scheme recognising excellence in our Advanced colleagues
- Pension Scheme (up to 5% matched contribution)
- Life insurance - 4 times salary
- Income protection insurance
- Childcare voucher (salary sacrifice)
- Cycle to work scheme (salary sacrifice)
- Employee assistance programme
Why should you apply? We are an equal opportunity employer, committed to removing bias from the hiring process. Advanced are different – we hire for potential and develop at pace so if you can reimagine your future in a vibrant growing company we would like to hear from you.
If your application is successful, you will initially be required to take an online assessment, undertake a telephone interview with the HR team and attend a final interview. Do not hesitate, apply now and a member of our in-house talent acquisition team will be in touch!