Manager, Platform Services Engineering
Marketo | Products & Engineering | San Mateo, CA
You’ll be managing and driving the search application roadmap for Marketo and will focus on the new search features, that manages petabytes of data and serves thousands of customers.
You would be managing the team that is driving adoption of emerging technologies, maintaining architectural consistency and collaborating with product management to deliver Search roadmap.
We are looking for a leader with a technical background in Search and big data applications who focuses on delivery as well as managing project goals, who can contribute to product strategy and help develop the team. You not only optimize your own code but make sure engineers are able to optimize theirs and as a manager, you guide the way.
Experience in building and deploying search focused products would be a big plus.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
- SWE Managers have not only the technical chops to roll up their sleeves and provide technical leadership to major projects, but also manage a team of talented engineers.
- Technically proficient, problem solver, strong communication skills, pragmatic approaches, managing talented technical personnel.
- Manage a team that is spread across different time zones.
- Work closely with architects, data scientists, engineers and product managers to understand product and engineering requirements to ensure the delivery.
- Manage a software engineering team that builds, designs, implements the platform services.
- B.S or M.S in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
- Experience of exhibiting leadership skills.
- 10+ years of total experience in building robust platform applications, including 5+ years of experience in big data/distributed data platform applications and 2+ years of experience in team management as a technical manager role, managing team members spread across multiple time zones.
- Great communication skills, and the ability to lead highly talented individuals.
- A solid understanding of NoSQL database technologies.
- Proficiency in Java/Scala
- Understanding of GCP stack comprising of CloudSQL, DataProc, Spanner, DataFlow is a big plus.
- Experience of building search application based on Apache Solr or Elastic Search is a big plus.