Director of Corporate Compliance
CentralSquare Technologies | G & A | Lake Mary, FL
CentralSquare is a rapidly-growing software company that develops innovative applications and solutions that power the public experience! We are seeking passionate, engaging Director of Compliance to oversee the corporate compliance program, policies, and procedures to ensure adherence to applicable laws, regulations, and other governmental requirements. The Director of Compliance is responsible for policy development, legislative affairs, and legal/regulatory compliance for the Company.
This position will have primary responsibility for further developing Company’s compliance program, maintaining a written regulatory compliance plan, and facilitating annual evaluation of the plan’s effectiveness. This position reports directly to the General Counsel, and is positioned as a key contributor with high-visibility.
The candidate must have excellent business judgment and strategic skills, and work well with diverse business units and internal stakeholders. In addition, the candidate must be able to work independently as well as collaboratively in a collegial, fast-paced team environment.
- Develops intimate knowledge of products, business models, and geographies served;
- Drafts, implements, and oversees internal legal policies, strategies, and procedures across the entire business and across the entire legal entity structure, mitigating risk through uniformity and standardization;
- Conducts audits, leads risk and gap assessments, and develops remediation plans, as necessary;
- Works with Legal, IT, and HR, as well as other Business Units, in the development and implementation of necessary compliance and regulatory training;
- Provides sound and practical compliance advice and guidance as a key member of the Company;
- Uses analytical skills and creative thinking to lead and oversee the development and ongoing maintenance of compliance programs; and
- Assists the Legal Department in evaluating substantive areas in which to develop new regulatory compliance programs.
- Bachelor’s Degree; Graduate Degree preferred (Master’s, J.D.);
- At a minimum, 5-7 years of compliance experience; compliance certification is preferred;
- Experience developing and maintaining internal compliance and governance programs;
- Experience with federal, state, and local gov’t contracting/procurement laws/ethics laws; OFAC; HIPAA/data privacy regulations; FOIA/open records acts/regulations; conflicts of interest laws;
- Experience with international compliance issues is strongly preferred – e.g. GDPR, FCPA, EAR/ITAR, etc;
- Ability to interact comfortably with executives and senior management; strong verbal and analytical skills; exceptional interpersonal skills; a commitment to professionalism; and a solid business acumen;
- Ability to interpret regulations and laws (in conjunction with Legal) and transpose them into a digestible compliance framework;
- Gov’t Contracting experience is preferred;
- Strong leadership and management skills;
- Willingness to travel occasionally; and
- A sense of humor