Business Development Representative
Applause | Business Development | Framingham, MA
Business Development Representative
As a Business Development Rep (BDR), you will act as the first contact for many Applause prospects with the objective of assisting our field sales team in selling products and services in high volume, sales cycle transactions. Successful Enterprise BDRs will possess a demonstrated ability to develop strong business relationships and sell products in a fast paced environment. Must be highly competitive with the ability to collaborate in a team environment, possess strong interpersonal and communicative skills.
The BDR is responsible for partnering with the Sales organization in driving the early stages of the sales cycle and to help in New Customer Acquisition. The Enterprise BDR team also works closely with the marketing team to follow-up on marketing campaigns/events/conferences/seminars.
- Generate outbound qualified opportunities per quarter within target industry accounts- each opportunity should contain: Diagnosis of the prospect’s business pains, Applause’s solution identification, and understanding of prospects’ infrastructure, timelines and budgets.
- Act as the single point of contact for all inbound calls/requests for the assigned region, qualify these opportunities and pass to the relevant Enterprise Account Manager
- Support the internal industry or solution specific marketing campaigns and events in the region.
- Work with the Enterprise Account Manager team to identify accounts and do extensive territory planning for the assigned regions. Also conduct prospect research within focused industry verticals.
- Ability to develop a ‘Why Applause, Why Now’ proposition for each prospect interaction as well as a close cooperation with the sales team to identify and follow up on new leads/opportunities.
- Ongoing and precise record keeping and forecasting within the sales database, SalesForce.com CRM as well as the ability to make use of prospecting support tools such as Linkedln, Data.com, Hoovers, etc.
- Conduct targeted and non-targeted account prospecting and qualification via the phone
- Achieve monthly, quarterly and yearly pipeline and forecast goals and defined objectives that our field sales team can convert into qualified opportunities.
- Develop, present and implement plans to your manager for acquiring new business and traction in your assigned area - including activity breakdowns, performance milestones and resource requirements.
- Has successfully executed prospecting/new Account Development campaigns in the local regions.
- Has experience in the Enterprise, SaaS, Cloud or High Tech Industries
- Eloquent and self-confident communicator comfortable speaking with C level contacts
- Experience and understanding of the SaaS, Cloud Computing and related services
- Can express their ideas in persuasive emails and other written communications
- Creativity to think outside the box and leadership to execute effectively
- Minimum 1 years of sales, telesales or marketing experience running outbound enterprise B2B demand generation and lead generation activities in Enterprise/SaaS/Cloud
- Minimum 1+ years of experience using marketing automation/lead nurturing systems such as Hubspot, Eloqua, Marketo, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with an ability to influence others.
- Conveys a sense of urgency and drives issues to closure.
- Mature and confident with strong interpersonal skills and a true team player.
- Self-motivated, driven and dynamic personality.
- Attention to details, forecasting lead goals
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
Applause empowers leading brands to deliver flawless digital experiences for their customers on any device, in every location. The company’s testing, feedback and research solutions enable businesses to delight customers, drive topline revenue and innovate faster.
Applause ensures digital quality for websites, mobile apps, IoT products and in-store interactions in a way no other approach can – via its technology platform and managed global community of over 300,000 on-demand digital experience experts. Only real people on real devices in real locations can provide the real issues and feedback that brands need to deliver great digital customer experiences. Thousands of companies of every size – including Google, FOX, Nike, BMW, PayPal and Slack – rely on Applause to dramatically decrease the time and cost of delivering great digital experiences for their customers. Learn more at www.applause.com.