Director of Finance
STATS | Finance | Chicago, IL
STATS is looking for a Director of Finance at its Global Headquarters in Chicago. Reporting to the CFO, you'll be responsible for financial planning and analysis, reporting, and systems enhancements with a key focus on process improvement to support the growth of the business. In our collaborative, fast-paced, get-it-done environment, you'll work cross-functionally with Sales, Product, Support and other departments, including our leadership team. As the Director of Finance, you and your team will maximize the return on financial assets by establishing financial policies, procedures, controls and reporting systems to support these efforts.
What You’ll Do:
- Own the annual budget and 12-month rolling forecast of the PL, balance sheet and cash flow
- Lead strategic planning, budget, target-setting processes, including monthly forecasts and key performance monitoring
- Develop and maintain long-term financial model and regularly monitor financial performance of the organization
- Oversee the development of key operational metrics and reporting, and to provide analysis of financial results and key metrics, utilizing such information to identify opportunities and risks
- Administer and provide management variance analysis for company planning, forecasting and reporting including all dashboard, operating and board reporting packages
- Organize and evaluate quantitative data to identify and explain trends, problems, and root causes
- Work cross-functionally to create visibility into financial performance and understand key operational metrics within the organization to recommend new opportunities and risks
- Provide reporting and analysis on customer level and product line level profitability
- Analyze capital and other investment financials; monitor ongoing capital expenditures
- Execute continuous process improvement including an assessment of the software tools needed to manage FP&A processes
- Support internal and external financial and management reporting
- Support M&A activities including financial modeling, forecasting and integrating financials and operational metrics
- Serve as a finance business partner with the Sales & Sales Operations team to provide analysis and insight into the bookings performance and key sales trends
- Assist with ad-hoc modeling and analysis
What You’ll Need:
- 4+ years of progressive experience in corporate FP&A roles, with 1-2 years of Management experience
- Bachelor's degree in accounting, finance, business or any other relevant field of study; MBA is a plus
- Expert with Excel and PowerPoint
- Excellent analytical and modeling skills
- An ability to function well under pressure and with tight deadlines
- An exceptional attention to detail and accuracy with a focus on high quality work
- Strong interpersonal, leadership and team-management skills
- Experience with financial statement analysis and a strong understanding of corporate finance concepts
- Familiarity with revenue recognition concepts is a plus
- Strong knowledge of US GAAP
- Excellent interpersonal, leadership and team-management skills
- Experience managing and/or implementing Business Intelligence for financial performance management
- Integrity and the use of good judgment to handle the confidential nature of duties, tasks and information
Who We Are:
The values at STATS mirror those of foundationally great teams and franchises. Our objective is to win through effort, creativity, team-work and positive energy. Specifically, we look for candidates that embody the following: Be All-In, Put the Fan at the Center, Get Stuff Done, It’s Your Team, Make an Impact, and Fearless Integrity. We want employees that crave responsibility, accountability and want to have fun working in a collaborative, Get Stuff Done environment.
- Put Fan at the Center: You enjoy working with customers and have the strong communication skills to make those interactions a success.
- It’s Your Team: You embrace others' ideas (even if they conflict with your own) for the sake of the company and customer. You are a collaborator and relationship builder.
- Get Stuff Done: You are driven and your can-do attitude inspires others to elevate their performance in a fast-moving environment.
- Make an Impact: You thrive in a fast-paced, changing environment and you’re excited by the chance to play a large role.
- Be All-In: You must be passionate about what you do and about our customers' success.
- Fearless Integrity: You are self-motivated and capable of holding both yourself and others accountable to deliver on multiple tasks.
STATS provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability or genetics.