Associate, Research Member Success
EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,400+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Associate, Research Member Success
As a critical member of the EAB Research Member Success Team, the Associate will support the Research Strategic Leader organization in driving member utilization and impact. Associates will manage inbound and outbound requests, and schedule and prepare team members for interactions with top educational leaders. Associates will also collaborate across the sales, marketing and account management team to develop and execute service and growth strategies that drive the business forward and help us achieve our goals.
This role is based in Washington D.C.
Member Service & Business Management
- Partner with Member Success Strategic Leaders to create and execute service strategies & campaigns; play an integral role in helping to strengthen relationships with member institutions
- Liaise across organization to support new business initiatives
- Drive forward activities and outcomes from account planning and program utilization and growth campaigns
- Use Salesforce to report, track and manage activities for self and Strategic Leaders
- Collect, update and manage contact lists and maintain quality contact intelligence in Salesforce
- Create and organize utilization summaries to help illustrate and defend the impact of members’ research memberships
- Prepare team members for visits: provide relationship history and relevant market info
- Responsible for general understanding of research agenda and all recent publications to inform member interaction and participate in program-specific servicing plan
- Targeted mailings to membership (i.e. contact list audits, custom research campaigns, on-site recruitment, web utilization, E-mail campaigns)
- Meet/exceed your weekly, monthly and quarterly goals (call and visit scheduling)
- Share best practices with colleagues in Member Success and make recommendations for process improvements and facilitate business efficiencies
- Special projects as needed, in support of the Research Member Success organization
- Responsible for carrying out outreach strategy and organizing in person and phone interactions with member executives
- Respond to member requests & inquiries for research or EAB services in a timely and efficient manner; escalate to Strategic Leader as needed
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Must possess at least two of the following
- Leadership experience
- Customer service experience
- Experience working in a team environment
- Sales or fundraising experience
- Experience in an office setting
- Ability to communicate effectively by phone with executives
- Demonstrates poise, maturity, and resilience with internal and external audiences
- Attention to detail
- Proven experience managing multiple, competing priorities; demonstrated ability to accomplish tasks and activities efficiently and according to importance
- Ability to take initiative on projects and through customer service interactions
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.