Customer Care Representative - Healthcare Technology
Greenway Health | Clearinghouse | Tampa, FL
Responsible for implementing the Electronic Data Interchange services for new and existing clients. Ensure that the customers system is set up to submit for claims and other EDI services, which includes financial data and claims data, for seamless revenue cycle.
- Provides EDI claims or system migration assistance to EDI technical support staff.
- Troubleshoots complex client claims issues/rejections or issues regarding system to system migration.
- Works close with Project Management to insure net new and existing clients are properly setup for EDI transmissions in a timely manner.
- Dial into clients systems to diagnose and resolve basic electronic communication issues.
- Work multiple projects at a time consisting of: EDI Implementations, Communication migrations, Claim Format updates, etc.
- Follow‐up with clients to insure all electronic transmissions are functioning properly
- Work EDI Registration Live Call overflow.
- Escalate top‐priority issues to the appropriate staff and/or technical support department when necessary.
- Uses the information that is received from the clearinghouse and other internal systems to setup a Payment Manager and/or EHR system to allow for EDI transmissions. • May work on issues with individual clients, if needed.
- BA or equivalent work experience Minimum Qualifications
- 1+ years in experience in healthcare EDI setting, such as medical billing or clinical workflow
- 1+ years in customer support, training, implementation, medical billing or similar role
- Basic understanding of the healthcare industry and healthcare EDI, such as claims and EDI format Skills/Knowledge
- Ability to manage time and priorities in a fast‐paced live call environment.
- Excellent customer service skills; able to maintain patience and composure when speaking with a range of customers.
- Curiosity to learn other skills and functions to better assist other internal teams.
- Familiarity with Word, Excel, and Outlook; proficient with computers and navigating in a windows‐based environment.
- Knowledge of Salesforce or a CRM system. (Preferred)
- Knowledge of medical billing or clinical workflow. (Preferred)
Work Environment/Physical Demands
- While at work, this position is primarily a sedentary job and requires that the associate can work in an environment where they will consistently be seated for the majority of the work day
- This role requires that one can sit and regularly type on a key board the majority of their work day
- This position requires the ability to observe a computer screen for long periods of time to observe their own and others’ work, as well as, in‐coming and out‐going communications via the computer and/ or mobile devices.
- The role necessitates the ability to listen and speak clearly to customers and other associates
- The work environment is an open room with other associates and noise from others will be part of the regular work day