Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
EAB | G&A | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
Associate Director, Financial Planning & Analysis
The Role in Brief
The Finance team works with senior executives at the firm to develop budgets, projections, evaluate new investment opportunities, and analyze and report on financial performance for both internal and external stakeholders, including the firm’s private equity owner. The Finance team is seeking an Associate Director to add to the team. The Associate Director will participate as a key member of the Financial Planning & Analysis team to fulfill these various functions. The Associate Director will also assume responsibility for helping manage and mentor the team of junior analysts on the team and report directly to the head of the team, the Managing Director. This role will also include direct interaction with the most senior members of the company’s management team such as the CFO and the leaders of the business units, the sales unit, and the corporate functions.
This role will be based in Washington, D.C.
The Associate Director will play an ongoing role in the day-to-day operations of the Finance department, including:
- Supporting the annual budgeting process by modeling and analyzing proposed financial goals across the firm and at the department level
- Supporting the development and maintenance of an infrastructure that facilitates rapid reporting and analysis of key metrics driving financial and operational performance
- Creating and maintaining department dashboards analyzing performance against key business metrics, including cost, revenue and margin targets
- Managing key components of the firm’s budget to ensure adherence to cost targets, including:
- Working with recruiting leads to monitor open positions and available budget for new hires
- Managing all other non-personnel budgets
- Working with the accounting team to develop soft close/quarter end financial projections
- Analyzing specific financial and operational issues during the year, including ad-hoc analysis, modeling, and forecasting
- Bachelor’s Degree in finance, economics, business, or other related field
- 5+ years of professional experience
- Advanced MS Excel skills
- VBA, SQL, Python or other coding proficiency
- 5+ years of work experience in Financial Planning & Analysis
- Proven time management skills; ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects
- Experience with databases
- Resourcefulness--ability to procure detailed data and information
- Proven service orientation with attention to detail and follow-up
- Significant academic or professional experience using quantitative analytical tools to assemble, analyze, and draw conclusions from business data
- Proven project management and planning skills
- Proven finance, strategy, and operational skills
- Willingness to learn how to use new tools, techniques, and skills
- Discretion in handling sensitive firm, department and individual performance information
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.