Account Executive, Ping Intelligence Overlay
Ping Identity | Sales (6100) | Chicago, IL
At Ping Identity, we're changing the way people think about enterprise security technology. With our innovative Identity Defined Security platform, we're helping to build a borderless world where people have total freedom to work wherever and however they want. Without friction. Without fear.
We're headquartered in Denver, Colorado, and we have offices and employees around the globe. And we serve the largest, most demanding enterprises worldwide, including over half of the Fortune 100. Because even in the most complex enterprise environments, security shouldn't be a source of anxiety. It should be one of your greatest competitive advantages.
We call this digital freedom. And it's not just something we provide our customers. It's something that drives our company. People don't come here to join a culture that's build on digital freedom. They come to cultivate it.
The Account Executive, Ping Intelligence Overlay is responsible for selling new licenses, associated professional services opportunities along-side the assigned account team. Candidates must have an enterprise software or services sales background. Experience previously selling cyber security software, API related technologies preferred. Secondary experience in the identity and access management, or infrastructure technologies is a plus.
• Develop and execute sales/business plans to achieve quarterly sales/business objectives
• Create and implement account strategy, including developing and maintaining relationships with key decision makers
• Must be able to deliver value propositions to IT management as well as VP and C-level business management
• Recognize customer business problems and drive/influence resources to address opportunities
• Major focus on identifying and qualifying new opportunities using the telephone, onsite and/or web demonstrations to improve market coverage, increase market share, and grow revenue
• Implement sales/marketing tactics and programs in order to meet or exceed assigned territory objectives
• Act as a liaison between Ping Identity and customers and develop a team selling approach with pre-sales technical specialists and the customer support organization
• Assist with partner recruitment, training and on-going support
• Provide accurate and timely reports/forecasts
- 3 or more years quota-carrying experience selling API security, API management or related cyber security solutions
- Experience working with channel partners, systems integrators and third-party developers to deliver solutions.
- Experience working with a cross-functional and geographically dispersed team and customer base.
- Industry knowledge of API’s specific technologies, cyber security, networking, including HTTP/S, TCP/IP, load balancers, firewalls and proxies.
- Experience of working in a “start-up” environment
- Strong prospecting, qualifying, closing and managing skills
- Successful candidates will have experience in managing complex sales cycles
- Strong written and oral communication skills, including cold calls, proposal preparation, and presentation skills
- Executive selling and negotiating skills
- Must have energy, drive, commitment and passion
- Be comfortable selling in a hybrid-selling environment, where both direct and indirect approaches are used
- Detail and results oriented.
- Demonstrate a high level of self-motivation, commitment and activity to attain corporate and personal goal
- Prior use of CRM applications (Siebel, Salesforce.com, etc.) and Microsoft applications such as Word/Excel/etc.
- Applicant must reside within the geography of the assigned territory.
- Travel required
- Highly motivated
- Team oriented
- Understanding of the API and Identity ecosystem
- Good solution selling skills
- High integrity
- Strong interpersonal communications skills