EAB | Research | Washington, DC
EAB is an education best practices firm that uses a combination of research, technology, and services to improve the performance of 1,200+ educational institutions. Headquartered in Washington, D.C., EAB forges and finds the best new ideas and proven practices from its network of thousands of leaders, then customizes and hardwires them into every level of member organizations, creating enduring value.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief
EAB Research is the firm’s higher education best practice research department, with membership programs serving Chief Academic Officers, Chief Business Officers, Student Affairs Executives Chief Information Officers, and other leaders at institutions in the United States, Canada and the U.K. Our research focuses on the university’s most pressing needs related to student success, growth and academic operations, enrollment management, and many more.
The Research division conducts in-depth interviews with thought leaders at progressive institutions, and performs data and root cause analyses to identify market leading strategies and best practices in our pursuit to make education smarter. As a member of our team you will have a major ownership stake in research and play an important role in producing national roundtable meetings for member organization, on-site workshops, webinars and publications. You will also be a valued expert consultant to EAB member organizations, advising them on strategy and best practice implementation.
This role is based in Washington D.C.
- Discuss study topic and subsidiary issues with team
- Map the research process and delegate responsibilities
- Conduct in-depth interviews with university thought leaders
- Perform root-cause analysis
- Identify and critique best demonstrated practices
- Brief team regarding research progress and new research developments
- Revisit hypotheses as necessary
- Analyze and synthesize research findings
- Share knowledge, ideas and insight
- Develop innovative constructs for presentation of findings
- Bachelor’s Degree
- Excellent academic record
- Minimum of one year of work or internship experience
- Experience with at least two of the following:
- Conducting long-term research (at least 3 months in duration)
- Conducting primary and secondary research
- Demonstrated interest in higher education
- Writing in-depth reports in a professional setting
- Analyzing business issues
- Experience working in a team environment, as well as independently and autonomously
- Proven ability to communicate effectively with senior executives, in both oral and written formats
- Experience conducting root-cause analysis
- Experience with solution focused problem solving and thinking through problems creatively
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.