Director, Demand Generation Marketing
EAB | Commercial | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,400 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Director, Demand Generation Marketing
EAB is seeking an innovative, results-oriented Director, Demand Generation Marketing, to oversee demand generation for a set of products and services for universities, colleges, school districts, and/or independent schools. You will be responsible for developing multi-channel strategies and plans that drive awareness, affinity, and engagement. In this role, you will work cross-functionally, leading a team of Demand Generation Managers to accomplish marketing goals and objectives. The ideal candidate will have experience in driving the growth of products through innovative campaigns and tactics, especially in the education market.
This role is located in either Washington D.C. or Richmond, Virginia.
- Serve as the internal and external champion for education products
- Lead campaign strategy and development to support the growth of EAB’s products
- Develop integrated marketing campaigns that use a variety of channels, including email, social, web, and print, to move prospects through the marketing and sales funnel
- Manage team of 2-3 Demand Generation Managers, who are responsible for coordination and execution of product and campaign level marketing plans; partner with digital teams, content, teams, events, PR, and our internal research groups on the production and measurement of campaigns
- Coach, mentor, and train junior level marketing staff on marketing best practices and foundational skills
- Support and model best practice use of Salesforce and Marketo to support marketing objectives
- Leverage and monitor data to drive accountability, engagement, and results
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least 8 years of post-Bachelor’s work experience
- 6+ years of experience in product marketing, B2B marketing or demand generation
- 2+ years experience managing people
- Experience in working with CRM and marketing automation systems
- Excellent academic record
- Attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Proven success in coaching and training staff
- Proven success in aligning and executing on multiple, competing priorities
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Experience in achieving goals working in a fast-paced, cross-functional role
- Ability to influence peers and management to support business goals
- Ability to juggle multiple stakeholders and projects
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.