Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting
EAB | G&A | Washington, DC
At EAB, our mission is to make education smarter and our communities stronger. We harness the collective power of more than 1,500 schools, colleges, and universities to uncover and apply proven practices and transformative insights. And since complex problems require multifaceted solutions, we work with each school differently to apply these insights through a customized blend of research, technology, and services. From kindergarten to college and beyond, EAB partners with education leaders, practitioners, and staff to accelerate progress and drive results across three key areas: enrollment management, student success, and institutional operations and strategy.
At EAB, we serve not only our members but each other—that's why we are always working to make sure our employees love their jobs and are invested in their community. See how we've been recognized for this dedication to our employees by checking out our recent awards.
The Role in Brief:
Senior Analyst, Financial Reporting
Reporting to the Chief Accounting Officer, this person will manage and support several key finance functions including financial reporting and technical accounting.
This role will be based in Washington, DC.
- Research and prepare technical summaries on new regulations and FASB Accounting Standards Updates
- Perform timely and effective research and analysis on complex transactions and structures ensuring that potential business risks are mitigated
- Prepare financial statements and related schedules for lender and owner reporting including the compilation and organization of supporting documentation
- Maintain documentation of quality control for all reporting
- Create ongoing documentation for the Company’s adjusted results and complex journal entries
- Support the CAO in maintaining the Company’s financial reporting systems and policies
- Interface with external auditors
- Plan and execute various other miscellaneous Finance projects as necessary
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting and a professional certification (CPA)
- Must have solid background in U.S. GAAP principles
- Minimum 5 years of work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Office, spreadsheet and database applications
- Discretion in dealing with confidential material
- Able to think clearly and reach well founded conclusions and articulate ideas crisply and concisely
- Able to work under tight timelines and reprioritize work as needed
- Ability to work independently
- Attention to detail
- Practical experience in corporate accounting and financial reporting or public accounting
- Excellent technical interpretation and verbal communication skills
- Desire to work in a team environment
- High level of commitment and integrity
- Strong organizational skills with ability to manage multiple competing priorities
- Ability to function effectively in a fast paced environment
- Wdesk reporting experience
Consistent with our belief that our employees are our most valuable resource, EAB offers a competitive benefits package.
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance, dependents eligible
- 401(k) retirement plan with company match
- Generous PTO
- Daytime leave policy for community service or fitness activities (up to 10 hours a month each)
- Wellness programs including gym discounts and incentives to promote healthy living
- Dynamic growth opportunities with merit-based promotion philosophy
- Benefits kick in day one, see the full details here.
At EAB, we believe that to fulfill our mission to “make education smarter and our communities stronger” we need team members who bring a diversity of perspectives to the table and a workplace where each team member is valued, respected and heard.
To that end, EAB is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we make employment decisions on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need. We don’t discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law.