Senior Linux System Administrator
Marketo | Products & Engineering | San Mateo, CA
Who are we?
At Marketo, we are creating the world’s leading engagement platform that empowers marketers to deliver the authentic experiences customers desire at scale. Our team is fueled with a passion for innovation, growth, and a relentless commitment to making the Marketer successful. We hire dynamic, passionate, and innovative individuals who thrive in fast paced environments.
Marketo is looking for a Senior Systems Administrator who will work as part of a high-caliber team of experienced Systems Administrators, Network Administrators, DBAs, and Application Administrators to ensure uptime, availability, and performance SLAs are met in an environment that is constantly evolving and expanding.
This role sits in our San Mateo office and reports to the Director, Cloud Platform Technologies.
What will you do?
- Explore new technologies to improve efficiency and maximize performance
- Establish operations policies and procedures for production Installing, configuring, and maintaining production systems and SaaS applications
- Building and tools, scripts, and operating procedures for continuous efficiency improvement
- Fault detection, isolation, resolution, and root cause analysis
- Deploy new releases and patches to test and production environments
- Evaluate commercial and open-source tools to improve efficiency
- Performance analysis and optimization
- Capacity planning
- Script and procedure development
Is this you?
- Expert knowledge of Linux systems administration
- Managing LAMP servers in a Highly-Available, 24x7 production environment (8-10 years)
- Experienced with hosting and scaling Java application servers (Tomcat, JBoss, etc) in a highly available and high throughput environment
- Expert-level scripting skills using Unix scripting toolkits (bash, sed, awk, etc)
- MySQL 5.x scripting and maintenance
- Operational experience supporting large, high-volume sites, ideally at a major SaaS company
- Demonstrated experience working with monitoring and analytics tools (e.g. Nagios, Cacti, Splunk)
- Working knowledge of deployment and distribution automation tools (YUM, Puppet, RPM, etc)
- BS degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience (Computer Science or Computer Engineering is preferred).
Would be great if you also have:
- Storage administration experience, especially with Network Appliance filers
- MySQL database administration experience
- Virtual systems build and management utilizing VMware, KVM, Xen, etc.
Why Team Purple?
- Marketo creates a culture that is customer obsessed, radically transparent, and boldly accountable
- We’ve been ranked consistently as a top place to work with local business journals, Inc., Great Places to Work, and others
- We offer competitive pay and great benefits including health, dental, vision, and 401k
- Other perks include discounted gym membership and commuter benefits, tuition reimbursement, fully stocked kitchens, time off for community service, and more
- Our headquarters are based in San Mateo and offers free parking and is centrally located for easy commuting
Marketo is an equal opportunity employer.