Software Engineer(Progress 4GL Developer)
Advanced | Development | Bangalore, Karnataka
We’re one of the UK’s largest and fastest growing software companies. True partnership is the defining thing that enables us to stand out from the competition. We pride ourselves on delivering focused software solutions for the public sector, enterprise commercial and health & care organizations that simplify complex business challenges and deliver immediate and high quality value.
LOCATION: Bangalore - India
REPORTING TO: Respective Line Manager
EXPERIENCE LEVEL: 3-6 Years
YOU HAVE SOUND UNDERSTANDING AND EXPERIENCE WITH:
1. Master’s degree in in appropriate field of study, 4+ years of experience as a software engineer
2. Very Strong basics and fundamentals concepts in Open Edge, Object Oriented ABL, .Net Frame Work, AppServer, PRODataset.
3. Progress 4GL, CHUI, GUI, ADM/ADM2, Open Edge, Data PA, XML, DOM, SAX, .Net Framework for Progress ABL.
4. Database Designing and Application Programming.
6. Either strong OOP or Functional Programming and modelling skills
7. Experience building complex application systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
8. Experience working in an agile environment, Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
9. Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams and management to collect requirements, identify tasks, provide estimates and meet production deadlines
10. Experience with professional software engineering best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing and operations
11. Eagerness and willingness to learn new technologies
TOP SKILLS & PROFICIENCIES:
2. Software Design
3. Software Documentation
4. Software Testing
6. Programming Skills
7. Software Development Fundamentals and Process
8. Software Requirements
9. Software Architecture
12. Communication Skills
13. Results Oriented
14. High Energy
16. Experience Working in an Agile Environment