Senior Financial Analyst
Omnitracs | Accounting | Dallas, TX
Omnitracs, LLC is a global pioneer of trucking solutions for all business models. Omnitracs’ more than 1,000 employees deliver software-as-a-service-based solutions to help more than 12,000 customers manage nearly 1,100,000 assets in more than 70 countries. The company pioneered the use of commercial vehicle telematics over 25 years ago and serves today as a powerhouse of innovative, intuitive technologies. Omnitracs transforms the transportation industry through technology and insight, featuring best-in-class solutions for compliance, safety and security, productivity, telematics and tracking, transportation management (TMS), planning and delivery, data and analytics, and professional services.
As a rapidly growing company, we rely heavily on FP&A to drive business intelligence and outcomes. FP&A plays a key role in coordinating, rolling-up, and balancing initiatives across the company; to provide leadership with data-driven decision support.
This senior analyst role will provide ongoing support for key topics such as results analysis and reporting, profitability and financial trend analysis, analytics and forecasting of key revenue and cost drivers in the business, and provide support for finance reviews.
Key aspects of the Senior Financial Analyst role:
- Become embedded with departmental leaders across the company, establish trust and quickly understand the business, economics and metrics
- Focus on sources of variability, understand causes and implement data-driven forecasting improvements
- Heavy data mining to develop robust models on trends, key business drivers and financial results to prioritize & plan key decisions including revenue forecasting
- Design, prepare, and automate periodic dashboards / reports of operating results, trends and metrics for the sales leadership and executive team
- Ability to analyze key business drivers, then translate the findings in terms of financial impact to the income statement, balance sheet, and cash flow
- Support preparation of monthly, quarterly and annual Board of Director Packages
- Analyze, review and challenge business units’ forecast assumptions
- Monitor business performance against KPIs and strategic plans
- Ad hoc reports as needed
As this is a cross-functional role, candidates are required to be highly analytical and very effective communicators. The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of superior financial modeling and using analysis to influence decision-making, including prior experience in a corporate finance and/or strategy-related role. The candidate should be a self-starter with a strong work ethic, highly team-oriented, inquisitive, enjoy problem solving and focused on driving towards results.
- Bachelor's Degree in Finance, MBA preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in a corporate FP&A role
- Proven aptitude with various financial reporting and database management tools; Cognos and Adaptive Insights preferred
- Advanced skills in Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Access